• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Though Space Athletics Discs?

SuperWookie

Birdie Member
Hey everyone, just wondering if any of you have any good reviews to share about any of the TSA discs? Specifically the FW's: Mantra, Votum and Animus. They all look intriguing, but don't see any info on here. Just a few reviews over on Infinite Discs.

The Votum looks like a possible Discmania Instinct or Teebird/Teebird3? Straight to fade, long, easy to throw FW.

Mantra looks like a long glidey hyzer flip or turnover FW like a Falk, Lift, or Insanity?

And the Animus looks like a slightly less O/S PD? Control driver with an easy to hold rim, doesn't flip over in head wind, but always has a forward finishing fade?

Any reviews or thoughts on these is appreciated. Thanks

I have all of the TSA discs in all plastics (exept the new Mantra that comes in next week.

I think there is quite a few reviews out on Youtube,
But a few fast takes from me. . .
First the TSA disc are very well made, i sand of flashing on 90% of my discs, ,but the TSA is smooth out of the box.

Votum replaced the Undertaker for me and they feel close in flight and feel
Animus is a strange speed, feels more like a fast fairway, a faster flat PD . . but i do use the OMEN more, Animus is kind of hard to find a spot for, , i use it as a fast FH fairway.
Mantra is a really nice US fairway, to me it close to my flatter Avenger SS

Mantra, Votum, Omen is a really nice Fairway setup. . the Animus is faster and a bit less stable than the Omen but not sure i need both

I have all of the TSA discs in all plastics (exept the new Mantra that comes in next week.

First the TSA disc are very well made, i sand of flashing on 90% of my discs, ,but the TSA is smooth out of the box.

Animus is a strange speed, feels more like a fast fairway, a faster flat PD . . but i do use the OMEN more, Animus is kind of hard to find a spot for, , i use it as a fast FH fairway.

Mantra, Votum, Omen is a really nice Fairway setup. . the Animus is faster and a bit less stable than the Omen but not sure i need both

Hmmmm, thank you for that info. But I don't know any of those discs you mentioned or how they fly. So that doesn't help much (not your fault though, as those are the discs you know).

I'm really interested in the Animus, as it seems like a slightly less O/S PD? Speed 10, but without a huge rim. Won't turn over right into a headwind, is one of your longer discs, easy to control and get good D, but not a full on Max D driver. And then has just a little less fade than a PD? I'd much rather bag a disc like that, then something like the Omen/Firebird. Those are too O/S and I get about as much distance as a mid range from them, but with way too much fade and no glide. I'm constantly taking my FB's and discs like that out my bag, to put the PD in. It's much more useful for me. So the Omen isn't something I'm looking to get.

But the Mantra, Votum and Animus are all intriguing. Hopefully more info comes in with discs I know to compare them. And how they fly in the different plastics.

Thanks for your help

I'm really interested in the Animus, as it seems like a slightly less O/S PD? Speed 10, but without a huge rim. Won't turn over right into a headwind, is one of your longer discs, easy to control and get good D, but not a full on Max D driver. And then has just a little less fade than a PD?

Better get ya one of those, sounds like a magic disc. 10 speeds by definition do not have huge rims.

Can you please provide some more details on Omens, especially any stability differences between plastics? I lost my favorite Firebird last week and am considering an Omen as a replacement. But I can't quite tell how overstable they are from the couple youtube reviews I've seen.

Can you please provide some more details on Omens, especially any stability differences between plastics? I lost my favorite Firebird last week and am considering an Omen as a replacement. But I can't quite tell how overstable they are from the couple youtube reviews I've seen.

I think i can Use Omen, Firebird or Raptors and not see much difference in the flight, , But i Do feel like the handfeel of the Omen beats the other two.

Ethos is like a "better grip" champ, more like a Luster from innova. .
Aura is Star, but a hair stiffer.
Ethereal is a gripy slightly softer Aura- - it´s basicly the MVP Plasma.

All mine are new and very OS. .but i do think the Ethos is the most stable and will hold that OS for a long time.

The Ethos Omen in my bag is as stable as my Sexton Firebirds. . more stable than a stock Raptor but not as OS as the Cap Raptors.
A FH dominant player that uses Sexton Firebirds tested my OMEN . . and he said, "same type of flight, better feel in the hand" . . and that seems to be the reactions i get.

Best hot stamps I've ever seen but I have yet to throw one.

I think i can Use Omen, Firebird or Raptors and not see much difference in the flight, , But i Do feel like the handfeel of the Omen beats the other two.

Ethos is like a "better grip" champ, more like a Luster from innova. .
Aura is Star, but a hair stiffer.
Ethereal is a gripy slightly softer Aura- - it´s basicly the MVP Plasma.

All mine are new and very OS. .but i do think the Ethos is the most stable and will hold that OS for a long time.

The Ethos Omen in my bag is as stable as my Sexton Firebirds. . more stable than a stock Raptor but not as OS as the Cap Raptors.
A FH dominant player that uses Sexton Firebirds tested my OMEN . . and he said, "same type of flight, better feel in the hand" . . and that seems to be the reactions i get.

Thank you very much for the comprehensive overview! It sounds like I should try out an Aura or Ethereal Omen.

Best hot stamps I've ever seen but I have yet to throw one.

yeah, kinda seems like theyre for the player that really wants cool stamps. outside of that, the ones ive used aren'y bad but don't really make me want to switch to their molds

yeah, kinda seems like theyre for the player that really wants cool stamps. outside of that, the ones ive used aren'y bad but don't really make me want to switch to their molds

They do have cool stamps. . but i buy them for the feel and lack of flashing.

Most brands have a disc that flies like another brands disc. . .so if i have a flight in mind i can find LOTS of discs that give me that flight. . .so i go for the one that feels best. . ..and a lot of times it´s the TSA disc.

They do have cool stamps. . but i buy them for the feel and lack of flashing.

Most brands have a disc that flies like another brands disc. . .so if i have a flight in mind i can find LOTS of discs that give me that flight. . .so i go for the one that feels best. . ..and a lot of times it´s the TSA disc.

Totally anecdotal but I feel like many TSA discs are on the shallower side of other brand's molds for similar numbers. Which I find more comfortable.

So I ordered a Votum and Mantra. So far, I don't think I love the Votum, and haven't been able to throw the Mantra enough to know if I like it or not.

The Aura Votum is a weird disc. It has a rim width of like a speed 5-6 FW, but it's a speed 8-9 disc. I do like the overall shape, has a moderate dome, but also kind of flat, so you could FH it well. But the rim shape is so small and odd, that it just throws me off really bad. It's like a Champ Thunderbird or something. Speed 9, that WILL fade hard, unless you can really throw it well. Otherwise, it goes straight for a bit, then fades the rest of the way. It is a forward pushing fade, but it ends up quite a bit left. Not at all like my favorite straight to fade Instinct. I'd usually want to power grip a speed 9ish disc or above, since you need to throw it with a lot of speed. But the rim shape and size makes it weird. Not really feeling this disc at all. Streamline makes this disc for sure. It feels and looks exactly like my Neutron Trace's.

The Aura Mantra on the other hand feels good and I think it might be a winner. But haven't had a chance to throw it yet without a ton of wind. The two times I've been out to practice or play recently, it was really windy, and every time I threw it, it turned into a roller (into the headwind), or bombed (tailwind, so it doesn't tell me how it really flies). So I have no idea how it will be in low to no wind. The rim width is really big though for a speed 8-10 disc. It feels more like a Wraith or something, it's wide. I think it's like 1mm less or something. But it has a nice shape overall and fits in my hand nicely. Some dome, but not huge, low PLH, and the plastic feels absolutely amazing. This is a Streamline Neutron disc for sure.

And as everyone has stated, the artwork is amazing and the stamps seem very durable and look amazing. And since these two are made by MVP (MVP/Axiom/Streamline), the quality is absolutely top notch premium. NO flashing, super durable plastic that is stiff, but has perfect grip, shiny, and just amazing.

So I think the Mantra will end being a keeper, and the Votum will be sold.

Wonder why they made the TEMPLE in NERVE plastic?

And will any of the NERVE disc ever come in TSA premium plastic. . think i heard that the Nerve disc is made by another company so maybe the Premium plastic manufacturer dont have access to the NERVE molds?

Wonder why they made the TEMPLE in NERVE plastic?

And will any of the NERVE disc ever come in TSA premium plastic. . think i heard that the Nerve disc is made by another company so maybe the Premium plastic manufacturer dont have access to the NERVE molds?

Apparently not based on some of their staffs' Facebook posts. Been throwing my TEMPLE in lieu of my 300 soft A2 but it won't kick my Z ZONE out for approaches where I want some ground play.

So I ordered a Votum and Mantra. So far, I don't think I love the Votum, and haven't been able to throw the Mantra enough to know if I like it or not.

The Aura Votum is a weird disc. It has a rim width of like a speed 5-6 FW, but it's a speed 8-9 disc. I do like the overall shape, has a moderate dome, but also kind of flat, so you could FH it well. But the rim shape is so small and odd, that it just throws me off really bad. It's like a Champ Thunderbird or something. Speed 9, that WILL fade hard, unless you can really throw it well. Otherwise, it goes straight for a bit, then fades the rest of the way. It is a forward pushing fade, but it ends up quite a bit left. Not at all like my favorite straight to fade Instinct. I'd usually want to power grip a speed 9ish disc or above, since you need to throw it with a lot of speed. But the rim shape and size makes it weird. Not really feeling this disc at all. Streamline makes this disc for sure. It feels and looks exactly like my Neutron Trace's.

The Aura Mantra on the other hand feels good and I think it might be a winner. But haven't had a chance to throw it yet without a ton of wind. The two times I've been out to practice or play recently, it was really windy, and every time I threw it, it turned into a roller (into the headwind), or bombed (tailwind, so it doesn't tell me how it really flies). So I have no idea how it will be in low to no wind. The rim width is really big though for a speed 8-10 disc. It feels more like a Wraith or something, it's wide. I think it's like 1mm less or something. But it has a nice shape overall and fits in my hand nicely. Some dome, but not huge, low PLH, and the plastic feels absolutely amazing. This is a Streamline Neutron disc for sure.

And as everyone has stated, the artwork is amazing and the stamps seem very durable and look amazing. And since these two are made by MVP (MVP/Axiom/Streamline), the quality is absolutely top notch premium. NO flashing, super durable plastic that is stiff, but has perfect grip, shiny, and just amazing.

So I think the Mantra will end being a keeper, and the Votum will be sold.

thats how i felt about the Votum and kinda why i didnt take other chances with their discs. I

did try the Muse searching for new putters, and liked the plastic (dont think its made by MVP) and feel but i got so many roll aways with it.Even bought 3 for practice, ill admit, i liked the rasta bunny stamp:cool:

thats how i felt about the Votum and kinda why i didnt take other chances with their discs. I

did try the Muse searching for new putters, and liked the plastic (dont think its made by MVP) and feel but i got so many roll aways with it.Even bought 3 for practice, ill admit, i liked the rasta bunny stamp:cool:

The new run of Muse is much softer, feels more like Gateway Eraser plastic. . the Bunny stamp was rock hard,

I like the Votum, flies like the Pathfinder but just further

Last edited:
UPDATE:

So the Mantra might be one of my longest discs EVER! Still just trying to figure out how to throw it to get the most out of it. It has scary glide! And a lot of turn. But not like a turn and burn roller type turn.

It definitely wants to turn over right, so I'm going to have to learn how to throw it on a steeper hyzer angle, or start it out more left and a lot higher. It doesn't do well if thrown low or mid height. The few throws I absolutely bombed with it, were high and left out of my hand and it just SAILED!!! I threw a shot from the FW over 400' easily with it last night. But... the last 50ish ft or so, it wants to fight out of the turn and come back. It kind of straightens out or comes back left a bit. It's a lot like an Insanity, but longer!

So if I can just figure out how to throw it better and account for the large turn right, it is going to easily be the longest disc I've ever thrown, or at least tied with some of my Wraiths. It has fantastic glide and so easy to get amazing distance with less effort than a driver.

Really starting to like this thing a lot, just need more time with it to figure out the best way to throw it, and one what type of holes since it needs a lot of room to get that distance.

My first Mantra from the new run was an Ethos that was very US. . but then i tried the Aura and this disc i GOLD, just love it.

I think i own every single US Fairway on the market, and i LOVE the Aura Mantra. . .US but not "burn to the ground" US.
It´s US but easy to control and can i say "forgivingly US" . . most US disc you need to hit the perfect angle, to litle and it fades out, to much and you have a roller.
But the Mantra . . even if you miss your angle abit it still flies the same. . love it