• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw Away the ENTIRE Bag, and Start New. Out Of The Bag

Jenga54

Double Eagle Member
Out Of The Bag

I've always wanted to see how well "I" can play - how better than throwing everything away and filling your bag with discs you've never thrown before? This was my project - Out Of The Bag - an In The Bag video in reverse.

Got rid of the bag I've built over the last few years and threw a full Vibram bag. The course is Bryant Lake DGC in Eden Prairie, MN.

How would you play with a completely unknown bag?

That was a great video! I am strongly considering doing the same thing. I was thinking of going all MVP or all Axiom but it looks like you had a great time. I wish more people would do things like this. Well edited, well reviewed. A+ on your effort. You are quite a good disc golfer too btw. Keep it up!

MVP/Axiom is a natural for this experiment too - another company with a full line up, with the strong chance you've never bagged or thrown any of their molds before.

I've been slowly converting my bag over from mostly a mix of Innova and Disc Craft disc to all Vibram because of the heavily wooded courses that are prevalent in my area. It''s worked out well so far. I only wish Vibram would broaden there selection of mid-range disc to include something with a flight path like that of the Mako3.

Nicely done!

How does the wooden block hold the phone on your bag? Got a pic of it?

It actually worked really well. Didn't move around at all, easy to twist it to adjust the level to the horizon, wasn't worried about it going anywhere. I'll probably cut the blocks at an angle so the phone doesn't have to overhang so far.

So I guess you can see I cheated for this production - I ran the phone camera on the cart, and for the round I actually used the cart. (And put the grip back in the car)
So that's why it's just a stack on the table at the end, positioned the cart and took out the discs. Just me and a cart... and a new stack of discs for the winter.

Awesome video! Always happy to see some Vibram being thrown. Thanks for making and sharing this.
I like the Valley a lot, and I've thrown my longest drives with a Lace, so it was great to see these discs in use.

If you would have to pick either an Arch or a Notch to pair up with the Valley, which one would you choose? I'm thinking something similar to a Leopard/Teebird 1-2 punch.

Awesome video! Always happy to see some Vibram being thrown. Thanks for making and sharing this.
I like the Valley a lot, and I've thrown my longest drives with a Lace, so it was great to see these discs in use.

If you would have to pick either an Arch or a Notch to pair up with the Valley, which one would you choose? I'm thinking something similar to a Leopard/Teebird 1-2 punch.

I dont know yet, I've thrown the Arch twice so far. I'm hoping it's Teebird stable so we'll see.

Very cool video. It's keeps things fun when you change up every once in a while. That course is AMAZING!! Someone put in work out there. Those elevated baskets, stairs and concrete tees surrounded by pavers are unbelievable. I'm putting this course on the wishlist.

Fun video. BTW, Discmania's store does have S-CD2s and they are spectacular. I always bag 2. One from Supreme Flight (they still have stock on them as well) and one Swirly Discmania Mega Shield. Absolutely love my S-CD2s. So freaking straight it's not funny. Definitely my distance tunnel disc.

Fun video. BTW, Discmania's store does have S-CD2s and they are spectacular. I always bag 2. One from Supreme Flight (they still have stock on them as well) and one Swirly Discmania Mega Shield. Absolutely love my S-CD2s. So freaking straight it's not funny. Definitely my distance tunnel disc.

I'm very picky. I mean swirlies are cool, but only from before they were cool, right? I love stock stamp, solid pink stuff. Anyway, I've been following DM for a while and switched over a lot of stuff to them. Great company and vision. Ready for the stock release of those next year. Also gimme a darn S Line P1x. They are slow to release stuff because Jussi has a vision of a sort of minimalist line up if you could call it that. They aren't planning on having a lot of discs - actually the end of the road is probably near unless they change their approach. Been working on the MD4 for a few years, after that there's not a lot on the table we know about for new slots to cover. Sucks that the MD1, MD2, MD3 are all so similar - I say get rid of the MD1 and re-tool it to be about Wasp stable, like we all want... Then the MD4 can be the Goofy OS like they want and will never actually use much, like a Gator.

I'm already wondering if I'm going to have to look for special "runs" of Ibex and Obex to find what I want.

It's a love/hate thing for Discmania too - they do a great job with different runs of molds, but then if you want a certain disc you have to hoard OOP runs of your disc, because you can't just replace it. That's a thing I need most of all - I always have pretty fresh plastic and I'm never scared of losing anything because it's just a stock item down the road.

Are those new baskets at Bryant? It's been a while since I've played down there.

Yes they are. I love these baskets, they just keep adding and improving the course, I'm happy to get the membership each year.

i went with an all new setup a few months back when Prodigy picked me up. In general I have played a bit better with the new discs, throwing new stuff helps to weed out bad habits you may not even know you have.

Cool video, I really enjoyed it. Definitely can be fun to try out a new lineup. Curious to see if any of these discs stick over the long haul.

That is a fun idea. I recently had my bag stolen, and had to re-stock it, but I basically just got the Discs I already know I like. Think it would be a blast to do that with Vibram, MVP/Axiom, Legacy, Gateway, or even Trilogy for me.

I occasionally will do an "off-brand" day such as all Faction brands, Kestaplast, or all Prodigy. I've never tried only throwing molds I'm unfamiliar with. However, after receiving the Vibram Glow Vamp from the Infinite VIP club, I ended up really liking it and grabbed a few used Vibrams to try out other molds. (haven't thrown them yet) I may have to do a Vibram day soon.

I did this with MVP/Axiom recently and was happy to see that my scores didn't change much. If they had a mid I liked better and didn't own so many backups I could go full gyro. Matrix might be a solution to the mid issue though.

I did this with MVP/Axiom recently and was happy to see that my scores didn't change much. If they had a mid I liked better and didn't own so many backups I could go full gyro. Matrix might be a solution to the mid issue though.

I was given a MVP Tangent by an internet friend and instantly liked the flight characteristics, which seem to compliment my throwing style. I added a few more MVP molds and actually saw an immediate improvement in my confidence and scoring. I agree they are limited in choice, especially in the mids. Still trying to figure out how to FH flick the gyro though. :wall:

I flick the Phase and Fireball they can both bomb. The Envy is a really good one for under 250 for me, BH I can throw it 300 but FH it takes too much torque to make it go that far.

The Tangent is a great mid, but it's too flippy for my liking. If I throw them in any wind they never come back.