• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing straight

Don't miss the put at the end and you have a nice 3.

The Fuse might work, I would pull a Judge or Core out of my bag for this. Other that it is just practice.

So much awesome advice. Thanks everyone! I had thrown my Lucid Judge a couple times on extra shots and parked the hole! So I'm thinking that will be the shot once I can work on it and get it consistent.

And I do only throw Trilogy plastic. The hole isn't really setup for a sidearm unless I could work something to anhyzer for a little bit before it fades right.

Actually some great sound advice on DGCR without name calling, insults, sarcasm, or trolling...

I award you 100 internet points. (dammit I wrote sarcasm lol)

Great advice and a great way to vastly improve one's game

Thanks! I can't take credit for it, just passing on what I've been told and learned from over the past 2 years. ;)

Throw a Comet flat at down the left part of the fairway so it has time to float to the right where you need it to be. It is the easiest shot to throw. I f you have a weak arm, a stratus will do the same thing.

I caged off the tee on a 230 shot with a Comet (current run ESP) on this line yesterday. Felt like a 50% throw and took a long time to get there.

Sadly, I went looking for a nice Opto Fuse for a buddy and all the ones I found were domed and seem more like a Meteor than Comet/trashed Roc. I like my Meteor, but I don't use it for touch shots.

You're asking how to throw straight, and the best answer is to simply get a stable putter and go do some field work. For me it wasn't about distance at first or accuracy, it was just learning how to make the disc fly level in the air. This means no hyzer or anny, etc. After you learn how to throw the disc level, create a 30ft circle and start throwing into this circle from 50,100,150,200 ft away while keeping the disc level in it's flight. Once you can throw your putter level & straight, at varying levels of power...man..that's a great feeling and really opens the door to taking your game to the next level. Especially when you start throwing overstable, understable discs. Because now...you're throwing them level and THEY are doing what they are supposed to do instead of you forcing hyzer or anny on the shot, etc. ;)

YES!

This is exactly what I would recommend as well!

Great advice, DiscFifty!

Throw flat - arm pulled flat/parallel to the ground
Figure out the speed a neutral mid needs to get up to speed to go straight without so fast that it flips much at all.

That's about all I know...I throw straight line shots all the time while others are throwing hyzers. I just know my discs...I have thrown the same glo buzzz thousands of times and know just what speed and form I need for it to go dead straight. Practice, practice, practice!

Latest posts