• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

So no help for the new guy lol I don't know if I want to put this Asia open thunderbird up or just throw it lol someone help me if this thing ends up being super valuable I don't want to throw it.

Asia Opens are $35+ for about any of them. Blueberry, smoke, unique/swirly = more money. I have one bagged and it's a great thrower, but I think it may be similar enough to the Gstar and potentially the Star coming out now that you might want to hold onto it. Get a production champ run to go along with the Gstar.

So no help for the new guy lol I don't know if I want to put this Asia open thunderbird up or just throw it lol someone help me if this thing ends up being super valuable I don't want to throw it.

Just get a production one that's likely releasing today. :)

Ok then mine is the blueberry so im just gonna sit on it lol

Personally, I would sell it before the production champs become widely available. Once, everyone has the opportunity to buy production champs, I suspect the markup on those will go way down. Generally, CFR discs other than a few special cases like USDGC aren't worth a lot more than production runs, and in a year or 2 no one is likely to remember that these were the "first run" champs (unless the production runs turn out to fly a lot differently).

Personally, I would sell it before the production champs become widely available. Once, everyone has the opportunity to buy production champs, I suspect the markup on those will go way down. Generally, CFR discs other than a few special cases like USDGC aren't worth a lot more than production runs, and in a year or 2 no one is likely to remember that these were the "first run" champs (unless the production runs turn out to fly a lot differently).

I would agree with that, but at the same time you never know. I would say hang on to a proto if you are going to stash it away. The Asia open....not so much. But that's just my take on it.

Is say hold on to it. It'll only increase in value. I do hope the productions hurt the proto champs though. Just out of spite :)

The glow champs are money. Start off pretty straight/mildly stable compared to the champs. And the glow makes the champ plastic take damage easier. They break in a lot easier then g star and def JL champ. Be a great hyper flip long turnover disc eventually. Not really talking about the Asia open now just the glow champ plastic in general (atleast the glow I have).

I would agree with that, but at the same time you never know. I would say hang on to a proto if you are going to stash it away. The Asia open....not so much. But that's just my take on it.

I completely agree with you. If he said he had a proto, I would say hang onto it, but he has an Asia Open, which I don't think will be worth that much in a year (or even in a few months probably when production runs are widely available). If he can get $35 for the Asia Open today, I'd say take that in a heartbeat. But you really never can tell with these things. Maybe in a year or 2 he'll sell it for $50; I've been wrong before and will be again.

The right Asia open colors will be worth it to hold onto. Look at Japan Open Roc3s it's the exact same thing.

10525624_754097681327416_5071431269368854563_n.jpg

Credits to El kabong

Logged into my account but can't pull the trigger. $20 + shipping is just too much.

Logged into my account but can't pull the trigger. $20 + shipping is just too much.

That's why I usually spend enough to get free shipping and use my points from previous order. I got 5 for 93-95 something shipped. So not bad I guess, I was holding out for the starts, first thunderbird I bought besides one I won on the raffle page. But yeah 20 is spendy.

Only have 2k points atm, if I had enough to cover shipping I probably would have bought one.

Only have 2k points atm, if I had enough to cover shipping I probably would have bought one.

Purchase three and I will regret it later in the month when I have to pay bills. Turned around and used the points I made on that transaction and I had enough now to get a fourth almost free.