• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] TI Buzzz vs Z Buzzz moldwise

attik34

Birdie Member
Are they going to be the same? I like my TI buzzz and the super flat top feel of it...I would like to move in a different direction for 2 reasons...i want to keep this one on the line its on as much as possible...and the TI plastic is invisible or something and extremely difficult for me to find sometimes...:(

Just wondering :)

The z Buzzz will be more overstable. The ti Buzzz is most like a Buzzz SS. The esp Buzzz will be the closer...but generally, out of the box, the z will be on the other end of the spectrum Buzzz wise.

I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on Ti Buzzz stability, but for the most part the general consensus is that they are a little less stable than Z. I definitely wouldn't say "other end of the spectrum," however. Mine is just a tad less stable than my Glo Z in the same weight.

I'd say you should be satisfied with a Z. They're nice and flat and the grip is a little better than Ti.

Z buzzzs vary more than ti but flat ones are easy to find, however there is no guarantee that it will be stable with no turn if that's what you're looking for. I've thrown some newer run glo and those are even turning more than I remember..

Im mostly looking for something that will feel the same in my hand and beat into a super straight to slightly turnoverish type flight....i'd imagine that after some heavy use the z would be that right?

Im mostly looking for something that will feel the same in my hand and beat into a super straight to slightly turnoverish type flight....i'd imagine that after some heavy use the z would be that right?

Not really. Perhaps after a couple years but your best bet would be an X Buzzz, followed by a Pro D or ESP Buzzz. Z plastic is one of, if not the most, durable blend out there. You may find your TI Buzzz actually beats in to that role, at which point you could buy a fresh Z...

If you like how flat ti buzzes fly i would reccomend a heavy z buzzz ss. The buzzz ss flies nice and straight but not flippy on medium and low power shots. It also will stay that way for a long time. The plastic the ss is made of is money as we'll. Most are nice grippy opaque bright colors. Get orange pink or daygloe yellow and you will never loose it

I second the Cryztal Buzzz and Buzzz SS suggestions. There doesn't seem to be a big difference in the two, at least not based on my observations or the replies to this thread. I also like an Axis in this role, although the feel is different -- somewhere between a Buzzz and a Roc. To hold the turnover line, make sure you give it plenty of spin to keep it from fading out too early. Try this with your Ti Buzzz first to see if that makes a difference.

I have a 176 Ti Buzzz that is super duper straight, I have a 177 Ti Buzzz that is pretty stable. I have a 173 Z Buzzz that is pretty straight, and a 166 Z Buzzz that is flippy. My 176 ESP Buzzz is very stable.

In other words, who knows what your next Buzzz will fly like.

I have a 176 Ti Buzzz that is super duper straight, I have a 177 Ti Buzzz that is pretty stable. I have a 173 Z Buzzz that is pretty straight, and a 166 Z Buzzz that is flippy. My 176 ESP Buzzz is very stable.

In other words, who knows what your next Buzzz will fly like.

Do you realize that straight and stable are the same thing?

i use a elite z buzzz that flies long and straight, I just picked up a ti buzzz and it flies longer and just as straight.