• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Today is LEFT HANDERS DAY!

Another lefty, checking in....

People like to comment on drives while the disc is still in the air, "ouch, that's going out of bounds..." or whatever, thinking it's going to fade left like everyone else. It's fun to see the puzzled look on their face when my lefty fade kicks in and the disc fades to the right and lands in the fairway.

list of my favorite annoyances about being a lefty:

5. when reading instructional things about wind/spin/fade/flight paths/ect you have to reverse everything.... seems simple at first until you're halfway in.
4. seeing a fellow "lefty" on your card only to realize that he's a LHFH predominate player
3. learned how to throw hyzer shots really late because I tried to copy the righty lines using anny for majority of holes
2. being called a "cheater" on the 10% of lefty friendly shots on the whole course
1. still being called a "cheater" when I finally learned how to sidearm and using left handed sidearm on righty holes.

In the same vein as the bolded...if a course has more than one hole that turns left to right, it's a "lefty course". Even if the course consists of 2 left-to-rights and 16 right-to-lefts (no straight at all), it's a "lefty course".

Also, the notion that if the hole turns left-to-right at all it is automatically a "lefty" hole. So many of these that I've encountered over the years actually set up perfectly fine for a RHBH anhyzer or turnover shot. Sometimes the RHBH anhyzer/turnover is the best way to attack the hole because a LHBH hyzer shot can't actually get to the basket without getting lucky/fighting through/flying over a key obstacle(s).

Happy left handers' day y'all. Hope you're having a sinister day! (ironically, of course, as in 'wicked' meaning awesome)

...did you ever notice that even our standard emoticons :thmbup: are biased? :thmbdown:

Rotator cuff surgey on my right shoulder (naturally righty), but forced to now play DG lefty....do I count? Do I get brownie points if I can throw 375' lefty?

Me and a bunch of righties are going to take the lefty challenge today. Basically we line up a nail and hold it in our dominant right hand. Grab a big hammer with the left. And start swinging.

Happy Lefty Day! have a minor wrist sprain so cant throw today.

had to switch to lefty after tearing my labrum in my right shoulder

6. Being told that a hole is a 'lefty hole' because the first turn is to the right, regardless that the hole is S-shaped where a rhbh hyzer flip/flex is the only possible shot to get a putt chance.

7. Learning 25 years later that 99.999% of boomerangs only fly for righties.

8. Permanently filthy left pinky when writing.

9. Teeboxes positioned with obstacles inches away that only a lefty will encounter, such as
teesigns and trees.

10. Nerf spiral footballs.

This is my life. There is a hole on my home course and I've converted to throwing it FH just to avoid back handing this tree. I've never hit it before(with my hand, I have crushed it with a disc though) but it makes me throw at 60% because I'm afraid if I do a full follow through I will backhand the crap out of the tree.

6. Being told that a hole is a 'lefty hole' because the first turn is to the right, regardless that the hole is S-shaped where a rhbh hyzer flip/flex is the only possible shot to get a putt chance.

9. Teeboxes positioned with obstacles inches away that only a lefty will encounter, such as
teesigns and trees.

My two biggest aggravations...

Also, multiple holes on my home course look lefty-friendly, but they really only set up for a righty anhyzer, and it's a totally different line that I can only hit with a flippy-disc hyzer.

Last edited:
teesigns and trees.

That's poor design for either hand IMO. I hate being forced into certain lines b/c of early trees/poorly located tees.

I'm very right hand dominate. I could adapt fairly quickly if I had to write lefty and it wasn't too terrible playing LHBH for a few weeks during a bad tendinitis flare up (except for putting, that was NBA Jam extreme difficulty setting hard). I play ball golf lefty just to do something lefty and strangely enough I might be better than when I play righty.