• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Courses of 2013!

w00t! Coyote Point hanging in the top 50.

Played our New Year Dubs Tourney there yesterday. Weather was in the 70s, crystal blue skies, the lake was glass all day. It's a magical place.

What is the deal with Richmond Hill? I vaguely remember that name. It looks like it took quite a plunge out of the top 10 as well.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but it seems that when Richmond Hill opened it had a flurry of local 5.0 reviews. It's not unusual, and not always homerism. Sometimes, in the excitement of a new and excellent course opening, those who love it the most are the ones to review it the fastest.

Happy new year everyone!

The tradition continues and I've put together the top courses list for 2013. As always, there's an overall top 50 and a top 50 based only on reviews in 2013.

Enjoy!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/topcourses
Since there are only 45 courses on the list of "best reviewed courses for 2013", I have to wonder if only 45 courses had 10 reviews in 2013 ?

It's interesting to look at the 2008 top courses. Back then Pier Park was a top 10 course and isn't even in the top 50 anymore. Seems about right. It's a must-visit course, but not one of the elites.

What is the deal with Richmond Hill? I vaguely remember that name. It looks like it took quite a plunge out of the top 10 as well.

I also looked back at the 2008 list, quite a change! Thanks to timg for saving those lists.

And Richmond Hill underwent a major redesign (it might have been out of necessity, but I, like apparently many, think it is not as good now as it once was.)

Since there are only 45 courses on the list of "best reviewed courses for 2013", I have to wonder if only 45 courses had 10 reviews in 2013 ?

I was wondering the same thing. That, or he drew the line at (about) 2.5 rating.

I've played 3 of those last year.

w00t! Coyote Point hanging in the top 50.

Played our New Year Dubs Tourney there yesterday. Weather was in the 70s, crystal blue skies, the lake was glass all day. It's a magical place.

Played there yesterday, but not in the tourney. Who won the 5 way play off for second?

normally i wouldnt argue with this but the fact that springwood players course is on any best of list makes me wonder why courses must have 10 reviews in one year to qualify for the list. seems like moving it down to 5 would be more sufficient and you'd get a better list of the year. springwood is rated 2.45 for climos sake.

rant over, thanks again timg for all the work you do to make this site possible every year.

one of three courses that i reviewed this year that made the list with exactly ten.

so you're welcome.

None of these had 10 reviews in 2013. (Nevin had 9).

Stoney Hill, by the way, had 6 reviews and a 4.75 average. So we made up in quality what we lacked in quantity, review-wise.

By the same guidelines, we made the list in 2011 when we had enough reviews---and no doubt made it over many better courses that didn't meet the 10-review threshhold. So it all works out.

It's an entertaining list, sort of a "Who's Hot?" in the course review world.

:D I gave it a 5. Second Favorite Course! It's the most pro caliber course that didn't seem extremely hard for me.

So close to Selah and still haven't been...Definitely gonna try to make it out there this year!
From the pictures I don't thinkSelah looks all that great...just really well taken care of. Its def on my list of want to plays but not as high as it should be with its rating.

I was wondering the same thing. That, or he drew the line at (about) 2.5 rating.

Ya I would rather the list be the top 50 courses based on rating without the 10 review requirement. Alot of amazing courses not on that list that should be. Or have to separate lists.

From the pictures I don't thinkSelah looks all that great...just really well taken care of. Its def on my list of want to plays but not as high as it should be with its rating.

Ya I would rather the list be the top 50 courses based on rating without the 10 review requirement. Alot of amazing courses not on that list that should be. Or have to separate lists.

i kinda like the "what's hot" "whats being talked about" aspect to it. much has been made about the reviews of springwood, pendleton(and not much noise but river city has been quietly stacking up homer reviews as well)

sure good courses are left off. (last year, selah was left off) but if it were exactly the same as the current best list, than what would be the point of having a separate list.

Glad to see Rolling Ridge made it so high in the ranking, those guys have put a lot of work into that course and pro shop. Truly a disc golf haven.

:D I gave it a 5. Second Favorite Course! It's the most pro caliber course that didn't seem extremely hard for me.

Thanks. I doubt we'll ever get many reviews, but we're pleased that those visited us last year, enjoyed it. At least those who visited and chose to write.

The bonus is that if you review Stoney Hill, the slow traffic means your review stays near the top for a long time. Review Flip City and, next month, who's going to bother to scroll through 40 newer reviews to read yours?

Thanks. I doubt we'll ever get many reviews, but we're pleased that those visited us last year, enjoyed it. At least those who visited and chose to write.

The bonus is that if you review Stoney Hill, the slow traffic means your review stays near the top for a long time. Review Flip City and, next month, who's going to bother to scroll through 40 newer reviews to read yours?

I think I am on the back 3 pages of flip city. I reviewed it like 3 or 4 years ago. So well.. Yeah.

I keep a Stone from the Hill of Stoney Hill in my bag for good luck. :D

Latest posts