• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top DG/Brewery Destination ?

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Is it Portland,Kalamazoo,Asheville, Upstate Vermont, Charlotte...SoCal ? What is the best combo ?

Greatest thread of the year award!!!!

We do this every month, a disc golf/brewery trip. My favorite so far has been iron hill dg and the iron hill brewery in DE.

In terms of proximity? Down here in North County SD we have two 3.5 rated courses and about 15 craft breweries within 15 minutes of them all.

Or, kill two birds with one stone and hit the disc golf course at Anderson Valley Brewing Co. in NorCal.

In terms of proximity? Down here in North County SD we have two 3.5 rated courses and about 15 craft breweries within 15 minutes of them all.

Or, kill two birds with one stone and hit the disc golf course at Anderson Valley Brewing Co. in NorCal.
Anderson Valley is a definite front runner...great brewery, great location,on-site dg, and their own language...Bahl Hornin'

LONG TROUT WINERY in PA....great hippy themed winery with a disc golf course in the woods with Koi Ponds and all the crazy wines they have.....just a great place to visit and have a blast

Sorry its not a brewery but it's still worth your while

Anderson Valley Brewing in Boonville, CA has a course on the brewery property.

What do you get when you cross a bear with a deer? BEER!

Coming soon to Emporia KS, home of the Glass Blown Open and Am Worlds 2013 is a microbrewery and restaurant. Should give more options to people. Plenty of places with Boulevard on tap too.

Portland - 33 breweries, 27 courses within 25 mile radius. 4 of them 4+ rated (including 1 top ten), 4 more rated 3.5-4. How can you go wrong? Pick your dates carefully though. I hear they get some rain there.

Last edited:
Anderson Valley is a definite front runner...great brewery, great location,on-site dg, and their own language...Bahl Hornin'

You speak Boontling Mando? I knew we had a lot in common.
I have been honored in the AVBC Hall of Foam as a Heelch Horner (aka Big Drinker) for drinking so much of their beer. I've been to the brewery about 8 times and have a Hole in One hanging on my wall from Hole 15. Love AVBC.

Bahl Hornin to ya. (Good Drinkin)
DSCJNKY

Founder's is less than an hour away from Flip City. Plus there's a few other decent courses near Grand Rapids :D

Portland - 33 breweries, 27 courses within 25 mile radius. 4 of them 4+ rated (including 1 top ten), 3 more rated 3.5-4. How can you go wrong? Pick your dates carefully though. I hear they get some rain there.
Yea, the consensus #1...but where do you go from here ?

I'd say you should go with the Phantom Falls/Beaver Ranch area.. so many great breweries. Kinda sad that we have more excellent breweries than we do Disc Golf courses in that area. 2 top ranked courses and we have Oskar Blues (100 rated Dale's Pale) farther down the road in Buena Vista is an excellent brewery, Odell's is in Ft. Collins.. and there are a ton of small craft brewers in the Denver/Boulder area, Yak and Yeti comes to mind and Twisted Pine. So much beer, so little time. :)

You speak Boontling Mando? I knew we had a lot in common.
I have been honored in the AVBC Hall of Foam as a Heelch Horner (aka Big Drinker) for drinking so much of their beer. I've been to the brewery about 8 times and have a Hole in One hanging on my wall from Hole 15. Love AVBC.

Bahl Hornin to ya. (Good Drinkin)
DSCJNKY
I'm actually doin some bahl hornin' with a winter solstice as we speak...thanks for inspiring the thread !

I think I've been to about 80 breweries in 15 states now... and played a little golf along the way... so I think I'm qualified to answer this question:

If I was choosing the best single course / single brewery combo, I would say:

Stafford Lake DGC and Moylans Brewery in Novato CA hands down. Stafford Lake is my personal favorite DGC in CA (and I've played about 50 DGCs in CA) and Moylan's is probably my favorite brewery in CA (and I've been to about 50 breweries in CA).

Stafford Lake offers , with HUGE championship style holes, the best Top of the World shot maybe anywhere, a 1000+' hole, one of the most beautiful backdrops a disc golf course could ever ask for.

Moylans offers my 2nd favorite IPA (flowers in a glass), and about 17 other beers on tap if IPA isn't your thing... and they're all great! The restaurant is great too, and a beautiful complex. Plus it's right off the Hwy and 1 exit away from Stafford!

DSCJNKY