• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top five bomber courses.

I have no idea why certain courses came up in this discussion

1. Lack of reading interpretation.
2. Refusal to actually read more than the first page of any thread.
3. Overpowering desire to see one's own post and name in print regardless of content.
4. Knee-jerk reaction to promote one's own home or favorite course.
5. Trance-like syndrome to critique all other responses.

Milo and Blue Valley are the most iconic I've played. I'll throw an underrated one out there: Patterson Lake in Dickinson, ND. Over 9000 feet, including a 1200-foot hole. Almost entirely open (with one odd tunnel shot thrown in), including a really scenic hole throwing across a dramatic cliff down to the lake.

1. Lack of reading interpretation.
2. Refusal to actually read more than the first page of any thread.
3. Overpowering desire to see one's own post and name in print regardless of content.
4. Knee-jerk reaction to promote one's own home or favorite course.
5. Trance-like syndrome to critique all other responses.

:thmbup::clap::hfive:

bomber courses suck so how could there even really be a top 5?! :D

Any course can be a bomber course. Safari golf is awesome.

Highbridge Gold would fit the definition for a bomber course.

I like your thinking THUGNIFICENT763. I believe the best bomber holes in the world are not on paper but in your head. You can turn a short 9 hole course into bomb town USA. Safari golf rocks!

:thmbup::clap::hfive:

bomber courses suck so how could there even really be a top 5?! :D

Come to KC and watch Mcbeth, Wysocki, Simon, and Big Jerm tee it up at Blue Valley. It made a believer out of me. Those top guys give the rest of us something to strive for.

Come to KC and watch Mcbeth, Wysocki, Simon, and Big Jerm tee it up at Blue Valley. It made a believer out of me. Those top guys give the rest of us something to strive for.

those guys have nothing unique on true wide open bomber courses with very little risk for a big shot. They play good DG. true bomber courses IMO are very lackluster in the score separation at a high level of play and provide no fun factor for casual players.

Don't get a gold level course in the mix of a crap bomber course.

those guys have nothing unique on true wide open bomber courses with very little risk for a big shot. They play good DG. true bomber courses IMO are very lackluster in the score separation at a high level of play and provide no fun factor for casual players.

Well that's like your definition of a bomber course man. :rolleyes:

This was the OP's definition:
I like courses with many holes that give the disc as much air time as pos. Holes that take your breath away. Elevation change an obstacles that will pucker your rear end.

I'm confused. I am a casual player and dare anyone to have more fun the me.

I like your thinking THUGNIFICENT763. I believe the best bomber holes in the world are not on paper but in your head. You can turn a short 9 hole course into bomb town USA. Safari golf rocks!

Hahaha the only limit is your own imagination. My home course, Central Park, is awesome for this. I do things like play from the hole 6 teepad to the hole 9 basket. Or from the hole 1 teepad to the hole 3 basket. Only when the course is empty, though.

Hahaha the only limit is your own imagination. My home course, Central Park, is awesome for this. I do things like play from the hole 6 teepad to the hole 9 basket. Or from the hole 1 teepad to the hole 3 basket. Only when the course is empty, though.

When the buddies and I get together hole winner makes up next hole. Even more fun if your buddies are right and left handed.

My local course back home was a 27 hole course. We would play from hole 4 to hole 19. Opposite ends of a giant park. Was pretty fun the different routes people would take, or could take depending on there arm and shot selection.

I'll put in a vote for the three best bombers from my list of played courses in the tri-state..

1) The Black Course - Moundsville, WV
2) Deis Hill Park - Dover, OH
3) A.J. Jolly Park - Alexandria, KY

Have played courses all over this great country, a few standout as being good bomber courses, or at least having good bomber holes:

1. Blue Valley, Kansas City, MO - great example of a bomber course and my personal favorite in the KC area (Watreworks is soooo overrated)
2. The Woodshed / The Whipping Post, Paw Paw, WV - Gotta be honest, I always get these two confused. But there were some epic bomber holes the in the one round I played at there.
3. Highbridge Gold, HIghbridge, WI - Already discussed a lot.
4. Järva Discgolf Park, Kista, Stockholm, Sweden - Best course I've played outside of USA and really underrated
5.. Campgaw Blue/Black, Mahwah, NJ - Mountain course with mix of huge bombers and tighter holes.

Honorable Mentions - Courses
1. Grand Central Station, Central, SC - Somewhat...
2. Lemon Lake Gold, Crown Point, IN - Somewhat, does have great length and some bomber holes
3. Winthrop Gold, Winthop, SC - So, so many awesome holes to let one rip
4. Nockamixon, Quakertown, PA - OK, this is not really a "bomber" course per se, but there are some bomber holes which brings me to the next section

Some Great Bomber Holes:
1. Wickham Park, Manchester, CT - Hole #7 - 800 or so feet, mostly downhill with the Hartford skyline vista. Doesn't get much better than this
2. Maple Hill, Leister, MA - Hole #1 - Is there a more intimidating or beautiful first hole out there?
3. Nockamixon, Quakertown, PA - Hole #7 - Another "top of the world type"
4. Lemon Lake Gold, Crown Point, IN - Hole #8 - 1120 feet straight
5. Bryant Lake Park, Eden Prairie, MN - Hole #17 - Yet another top of the world type
6. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel, MN - Hole #18 - The measurement hole
7. Twin Creeks, Addision, NY (Now closed) - Hole #13 - The only time I've ever said to myself it is impossible to hit a tree on this tee shot and yet somehow managed to hit one