• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

top junior players.

fbj2361

Bogey Member
We all know many of the top junior players, but which are local to your area? Who could you see of this "next generation" making a run at a world championship in 5-10 years (or sooner)?

Nick Papineau from here in Tulsa, won AM World's 19 and under this year and seems to get substantially better every time I see him play.

Austin Turner in Charlotte is a very good player who has a lot of potential.

Also a younger and newer player Travis Chumbley has improved a lot for only playing a few years

Austin Turner in Charlotte is a very good player who has a lot of potential.

Also a younger and newer player Travis Chumbley has improved a lot for only playing a few years

Austin is cool but he wears Salmon panties...

Austin Pfaff - the next Pro Rookie of the year, great young man, good head on his shoulders, listens to and respects some of the most classy golfers I know...
He just got his drivers license and might have slightly scratched the surface of his talent... rated over 1000 at 16 years old.

I'm under 18 for the next seven days:rolleyes:

Austin Pfaff - the next Pro Rookie of the year, great young man, good head on his shoulders, listens to and respects some of the most classy golfers I know...
He just got his drivers license and might have slightly scratched the surface of his talent... rated over 1000 at 16 years old.

I choose to believe hawk12 :thmbup:

Legacy sponsored Connor Wright. Kid almost turned in a 1000 rated round at the summertime open. He had a brutal spit out on 10 that would have given him -4 on the upper course.

Eagle McMahon. Over 1000 rated rated and still so young he can't get a drivers liscense. Kid just crushes. Got to play on his card today for a charity doubles tournament and I wish I had half this guy's skill.

Watching him smash his MD2 when the rest of us were throwing fairways and his FD when we were throwing distance drivers (and still getting out thrown by 50 feet or more) was a humbling experience. My.partner and I were sweating bullets trying to keep up with Eagle's team. We tied but he made it look much, much easier than we did.

Another mention for my area (Colorado) is Drew Palmer. He's only 12 and get a better seemingly everyday. He did pretty well at AM Worlds this year in his age group, but I think in the next 2 or 3 years he will be making a serious run as he gets older and stronger. He (like Eagle whom I mentioned previously) has the benefit of a very supportive family. His dad is a top Masters player around these parts, his brother does well in Open and his mom plays as well. Having support from the family really does wonders for these Juniors players.

Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my own daughter: KayCee Belet. 9 years old, she already has two PDGA wins under her belt. She's not very serious about it, but she sees me playing tournaments all the time and if she decides she wants to pursue the sport side of disc golf, she will have plenty of support from my wife and I.

Latest posts