• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UB Hand Candy Iko Backpack!

Jukeshoes - I will answer all your "tough questions regarding the failure to deliver the promised goods". Here goes...

"We ran out of money and our business model was stupid, unrealistic, and not maintainable. Sorry we took people's money, we thought we could make it work with volume or ads but we were dead wrong. We should have done research into cost or the fact all print media is basically dying before taking money.

Side Note, UB would like to announce new Disc Golf Energy Bracelets. Guaranteed to improve your score! Only $9.99"

Anyhow, I can decide what's a worse idea... Hucker Magazine or a Hucker Magazine Scam.

Obviously I was involved I've never stated that I wasn't involved I put in over 100 hours of design work, it was my idea to make a cool looking magazine for disc golf and I did just that. I had no control over any money or advertising or dealing with customers I didn't want to deal with that side nor did I have time. To help dampen to the after effects of this terrible mess I offered to send my products which I really don't have the money to be sending to the people that didn't get anything. What else do you want from me? What else could I possibly do to make this right what will finally please you to the point that you decide I'm just trying to make all this right?

Last edited:
I am sorry everyone else, I should not have gotten emotional. I just am at a loss as to what to do to make these people happy, when it isn't even required for me to do so. UB is a small company and every little thing matters here, but because of the failings of a company I had involvement it is causing issues here with the company that is my whole life.

You think people want you to bend over backwards for them, but they really want you to bend over forwards.
Just focus on what you can do from this point on. Treat people right with the new bags and carry on.
You will never be able to please everyone. Don't get discouraged or dragged down by what you can't control.

Thank you, like I said I'm sorry for getting emotional. It was mentioned that it was business and personal should be kept seperate, but that's not the way I do business. I want my company to be a personal experience, where if you want to talk to the owner you will get to talk to me whenever. So it defenitly goes deep because I put everything I got into disc golf probably a lot more then my wife likes haha.

I've had very minimal contact with UB because of the Hucker magazine thing but I do know that there was some unforeseeable circumstances with the people manufacturing the Iko. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Yeah, I'm going with the whole "he's a dirty crook" line.

After I called him out rather publicly re: Hucker and UB (and the pre-sale on the bags that looked awfully similar to the pre-sale for Hucker) he got huffy, claimed innocence, tried to buy people off with promises of his personal stash of Hucker Mags (WTF?!), stiffed those people he promised, and then completely disappeared off this site (from what I can tell).

Someone that's being unfairly accused would stand up for themselves and their business, not slink away.

My 2 cents.

Yeah, I'm going with the whole "he's a dirty crook" line.

After I called him out rather publicly re: Hucker and UB (and the pre-sale on the bags that looked awfully similar to the pre-sale for Hucker) he got huffy, claimed innocence, tried to buy people off with promises of his personal stash of Hucker Mags (WTF?!), stiffed those people he promised, and then completely disappeared off this site (from what I can tell).

Someone that's being unfairly accused would stand up for themselves and their business, not slink away.

My 2 cents.

He pretty much disappeared from all social media. The FB page was blowing up re: shirts people ordered and never received around Xmas as well as wondering where their bags are, ruh roohhhh.

I don't know the guy personally, but I think he just got in bed with the wrong people (Hucker Magazine). I can forgive that even though I got screwed pretty hard. But he didn't learn from his mistake and got in bed with the wrong people for the bag. As a person, that's bad judgement. As a business, that's a mistake that's pretty hard to come back from. Especially if people who pre-ordered didn't get, or don't get, the product they ordered.

"Under-promise and over-deliver..." comes to mind as does:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Not gone from all places. This is from today:

UB_zps7dca78cc.jpg

I don't know the guy personally, but I think he just got in bed with the wrong people (Hucker Magazine). I can forgive that even though I got screwed pretty hard. But he didn't learn from his mistake and got in bed with the wrong people for the bag. As a person, that's bad judgement. As a business, that's a mistake that's pretty hard to come back from.

how many times do you let someone blame other people for the same problems before you start holding them accountable and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Latest posts