• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UB Hand Candy Iko Backpack!

the website will be back up today, working on backend things now and updating stock, we will probably not have discs up just yet our main focus right now is repairing the damage caused by the bag delays but if there is a certain disc you are looking for shoot me a message here or on facebook

I updated people for a couple months after christmas and it only seemed to make people more angry (rightfully so). i decided it was best (not sure if it was) to go dark until they were ready. Now that they are here we will be very present

I understand that there has been a number of issues in the UB past... but I have ALWAYS had a soft spot for the design of the IKO.

I can say I am still intrigued and I will likely pick one up if I can get funds in line. I really like the top loading style and it just looks sleek & comofortable.

Here's hoping that UB can make things right and climb back into the Good Graces of DGCR (unlike our Salient friends)

I updated people for a couple months after christmas and it only seemed to make people more angry (rightfully so). i decided it was best (not sure if it was) to go dark until they were ready. Now that they are here we will be very present

Let me help you come to a conclusion, "Going dark" was a terrible business decision. As anyone in the consumer goods industry will tell you, poor communication will kill your business. It looks like you only had 19 pre-orders, a personal call to each pre-order explaining the situation would have taken you a few hours and would have saved your reputation. Instead you took the lazy (and ill-advised) approach.

Agreed, it didn't work out well at all. After multiple times of telling people that things were getting held up but they were still coming did not seem to do any good. There wasn't a good way to handle it, but I mistakenly chose the worst way to handle it. The only plan of action now is repairing these things, one of which was making sure the orders made it out the day after they arrived.

I understand that UB didn't get off to a great start and that I burned a lot of bridges in the process, but I am doing my best to make things right today. We believe in our products and we hope to slowly regain the trust of the consumer through open communication. Jukeshoe if there is anything else I can do please send me a PM.

I don't want anything except for people to get what they paid for, when it was promised.

Everyone realizes that mixups and mistakes can occur that delay products from going out on time.

You, however, seem to have a really bad habit of offering holiday "pre-order" offers that don't materialize for one reason or another and then "go dark." People don't get their products.

This is a trend. Nothing has changed.

The only thing I want is for people NOT to get ripped off by a known shady dealer. Especially when he thinks he can lay low for a year, come back around, and pull the exact same scam again on different people.

At the risk of seeming like a complete DB, but... in order to use DGCR as a way to reach potential customers, take orders, and answer product related questions:

1) Shouldn't UBdiscgolf be registered on DGCR as a vendor? :confused:
2) Shouldn't this whole thread have been started in (or ultimately moved to) the DGCR Sponsors & Vendors forum? :confused:

I'm not trying to keep anyone from reaching their customer base, or making an honest buck. You got a business to run.

So does Tim. :|

Last edited:
well...the bags actually look good.
I put a lot of work in for Hucker magazine only to grt nothing in return. Literally nothing. The owner of UB,who I'm still not sure how exactly but is/was connected with Hucker magazine, at least sent me a copy since he had some extras.

UB us excellent at making good. But not at delivering as promised. I would say they are the worst at that.

I've said my piece on these forums and on Facebook. I hope your bags sell well. Maybe I'll get a free one for the Hucker Magazine BS. Maybe they will all sell out. Maybe there will be a second run.

But if I were UB, Id send the preorders off, sell whats left and close up shop. Sorry, but there's no coming back from this one.

Jukeshoe, the only thing I have said so far in the last couple days is that the bags are here and all preorders have been shipped. People have been sent their tracking numbers. It is hard to say that I did this as a scam to make money and leave everyone hanging when I spent over $5000 on prototypes and $9000 on the first order of 100 and sold 15 bags at less then $150 including shipping. Trust me I want to get these bags to the customers and I have done just that. Was it in the time frame that I would have liked.... Not at all. These customers are receiving one of the highest quality disc golf bags on the market. Handmade in the USA. I paid the price on going USA and suffered less then desirable turn around time, but the quality is top notch. I completely understand that there is no trust here right now and would not expect anything different at this time. This will no be the time to sit and wait deliver on time and gain trust back. Like I said before we are strictly focusing on just the bags until that trust is regained and UB has proven itself. From here on out I will be very much present on the forums.

I have a nice dri fit UB shirt that I wear a lot.

And I have a UB disc that I believe is a turd.

My unsolicited opinion on this latest go round. If I "went dark" I would certainly not come back using my same name, I'd establish a front corporation and dissociate myself from it as much as legally possible. Especially if I was now on the up and up. There is an awful lot of damage done and it's gonna be a long uphill battle to clear the name.

Latest posts