• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Under armor cold gear

dyepb_16

I live in Minnesota and winters coming so its starting to cool down. I plan on playing in the winter as much as possible but want to avoid throwing in a jacket. Just curious if anyone had tried wearing the under amour stuff that keeps you warm and if so if it was worth investing in. I'd more than likely he wearing a hoodie over. So yeah has anyone tried it?

Ive only tried the ua pants...they work well.
I usually rock them under a pair of nface water resistant pants and if really cold, thermals inbetween.

For the body i use merrel long sleave, thermal, merrel lightweight half zip, merrell fleece half zip, and a bubble vest on top.

Your body will stay suprisingly warm when moving around, its.your hands, neck, & face that will freeze.

That's what I figured. My face is usually fine minus a super runny nose. I planned on bringing some hand warmer and gloves for walking between tosses and holes

Ive used the starter cold weather gear for a couple of years. Love it, Im a small guy with no extra padding but can go out in 30-40 temp with a long sleeve shirt and wind pants over the gear.

@dyepb_16 As a fellow Minnesotan, I recommend buying "muffs" the pouch you see around the waist of FB quarterbacks. You can find them at a local sporting goods store for about $20. I still wear a glove on my left hand, but I never have to use one on my right hand.

UA Cold Gear is amazing. It keeps you real warm and it feels great on. It is too hot for Texas use but I love it when I am on the slopes. You won't need much else while you are wearing it.

UA cold gear works well. But what is even sweeter is that i wear a down vest over it, so my arms are free to throw without the bulkiness of a jacket.

If you want to spend a fraction of the price the Champion compression shirts at Target are pretty good. I also found some longsleeve compression shirts at Costco this week for $9. It hasn't gotten cold here yet but I wore the Costco shirt and a longsleeve T-shirt for a 45 degree night round this week and was plenty warm. Under Armour is ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

I usually buy and wear hunting base layers. You can get them in different temperature ranges. This is good for fall, winter, and spring. All three will cost you the same as one pair of under armor. They aren't the waffle texture thermal underwear either! Nice and soft!!!

If you had a the max or Marshall's near by under armour can be had there relatively cheap. Cold gear rocks it helps to keep the layer count down keeping your arms free.

I bought some light thermals last year that are the same type of fabric of the UA gear. They had light, medium, and heavy. Light was soft, smooth, and stretchy. Medium is the waffle, slightly less flexible, little warmer. Heavy is much tighter, waffled, thicker, and really warm.

If you want to spend a fraction of the price the Champion compression shirts at Target are pretty good. I also found some longsleeve compression shirts at Costco this week for $9. It hasn't gotten cold here yet but I wore the Costco shirt and a longsleeve T-shirt for a 45 degree night round this week and was plenty warm. Under Armour is ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

The champion gear is great as long as it has the thermal layer. Made the mistake once of just getting the dri-fit, and it works, just not nearly as we'll.

I don't dig synthetic fibers in clothing worn next to my skin. I run Smartwool and would recommend it. Comes in different weights, super comfortable and doesn't hold BO stink like a synthetic. It will keep you warm even when it's wet, like after you break a sweat. Carries a big pricetag, like UA, but I see it as sporting goods, so worth the investment.

I don't dig synthetic fibers in clothing worn next to my skin. I run Smartwool and would recommend it. Comes in different weights, super comfortable and doesn't hold BO stink like a synthetic. It will keep you warm even when it's wet, like after you break a sweat. Carries a big pricetag, like UA, but I see it as sporting goods, so worth the investment.
beat me to it!! had my first top since 2006 and still going strong. synthetics will eventually stink no matter what. But stinking is good to me gives me a competitive advantage. :p UA works well too, but for the extra scratch you get way better stuffs. It is dang expensive.