• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Understable Compliment to the Buzzz

I use to throw the hell out of Champ cobras before they went OOP. DX cobras are nice too and a decent amount of people still throw them around here.

My current mid set up is CFR Glow Cobra, DX Cobra, & D Buzz, seems to cover everything <300' for me.

I love the idea of a Champ Cobra, why did they end production?

I don't know Bubba, I asked Innova the same thing. I lucked up and got one from a former pro player. I just got a PM from a TD on facebook and he has some too.

I've started using my Z Buzz as a short FH flick disc and my ESP Buzz is very cool, it will do just about anything. Unfortunately, I just can't get good distance or glide with them. BUT, they're relatively new and I haven't thrown them a whole lot.

Don't know if this was suggested but the Mako is pretty good for holding anny lines

I found the Meteor twitchy

I don't know Bubba, I asked Innova the same thing. I lucked up and got one from a former pro player. I just got a PM from a TD on facebook and he has some too.

I've started using my Z Buzz as a short FH flick disc and my ESP Buzz is very cool, it will do just about anything. Unfortunately, I just can't get good distance or glide with them. BUT, they're relatively new and I haven't thrown them a whole lot.

Try out an X Buzzz. Throws just like an esp. More glide.

I need to play with your group! I check ebay and their out there but catching boutique prices unfortunately. I don't know if I want to get to attached to a rarity.
But... just for fun, what mold were the champs made in?

Try out an X Buzzz. Throws just like an esp. More glide.

Beat you to it, I pulled a relatively new Elite X out of my stash and put it in my bag. I've had it for a while and haven't thrown it much at all. According to the thread I've been reading, didn't you say that the Buzz flies better on a relatively low line? I'm going to work with all three Buzzes the next few times I'm in the field and see if I can't figure out how to throw them a little better.

Beat you to it, I pulled a relatively new Elite X out of my stash and put it in my bag. I've had it for a while and haven't thrown it much at all. According to the thread I've been reading, didn't you say that the Buzz flies better on a relatively low line? I'm going to work with all three Buzzes the next few times I'm in the field and see if I can't figure out how to throw them a little better.

Yes, I throw my buzzes at driver height, a lot lower than other glidey mids and putters.

Studies show that natural ability can (maybe) help a little, but the difference between good and great is almost always due to the amount of practice:

One fascinating point of the study: No "naturally gifted" performers emerged. If natural talent had played a role, we would expect some of the "naturals" to float to the top of the elite level with fewer practice hours than everyone else. But the data showed otherwise. The psychologists found a direct statistical relationship between hours of practice and achievement. No shortcuts. No naturals.​

Saying some disc golfer has natural talent is a cop-out. Go put in your 10,000 hours of serious practice (not just goofing around with friends on the course) and you'll be in the hunt for the top spot every tournament.

Natural talent definitely exists. Take swimmer Ed Moses for example:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_4_22/ai_n6113348/

"His world records, numerous medals and perfect swimming form came as a fluke. Two-time Olympic medallist (gold and silver from the 2000 Sydney Games) Ed Moses discovered his aquatic prowess during his high school senior year and a slump in his golf game. "I planned on going into golf in college," the 5'11" athlete explains, "but Virginia's winters are too cold for golf, so I decided to take up swimming in order to stay in really good shape." Moses swam for five cold months--breaststroke, crawl and free form. "I started to become really good, really fast. My coach wanted me to go to a swim meet with the other competitive swimmers and I ended up breaking all the high school records," he states. "The next day, I basically had a full scholarship to any college in the country. So, swimming kind of fell into my lap."

This is different than the case of Michael Phelps. Phelps has the perfect body for swimming, but not really natural talent. Phelps began swimming from a early age. His technique is nothing special and not perfect, however; he has a huge advantage with his long arms, long torso, short legs, giant feet(fins), and double joints.

Looking for basically a Buzzz that flies with a -1 turn. Ideally, I just want a super consistent flip up without burning over, and a little fade.

The issue is that most US options you have to throw like a driver to get them to turn. I want to throw this like a mid, maybe a little height at 80% and get it to fly as intended.

Spoiler alert: the answer is a beat X Comet. Okok, that's fine but I'd prefer something that flips out of the box.

That kind of fuses are good these days? Other speed 4 options?

Looking for basically a Buzzz that flies with a -1 turn. Ideally, I just want a super consistent flip up without burning over, and a little fade.

The issue is that most US options you have to throw like a driver to get them to turn. I want to throw this like a mid, maybe a little height at 80% and get it to fly as intended.

Spoiler alert: the answer is a beat X Comet. Okok, that's fine but I'd prefer something that flips out of the box.

seasoned/beat x buzz

i prefer something that handles some sloppy torque/oats/forgiving user error like the x buzz where as the x comet isnt forgiving

meteor was alright but has that "point of no return"

There are supercolor buzzzes out there that are quite understable. I bag one that will turn and glide about as well as a Sol, and it's not even beat in yet. Not sure what exactly gives them this characteristic, though.

There are supercolor buzzzes out there that are quite understable. I bag one that will turn and glide about as well as a Sol, and it's not even beat in yet. Not sure what exactly gives them this characteristic, though.

well have you compared the plh with any other buzzes

Archer, speed 5 and called a "fairway driver" by Discraft but that is the turn is -4 and a Buzz has a -1 in the turn. Are you referring to the Older system of the Discs? Then a Stratus is the disc, at the old outdated system of -1 and will in both X and Pro D get more flippy quick. Archer is -0.5 in the older system. Another two that are midrange are Sol and Meteor, I would go with Sol as the last numbers are in turn -3 and 0. the Meteor are -3 and 1.

seasoned/beat x buzz

i prefer something that handles some sloppy torque/oats/forgiving user error like the x buzz where as the x comet isnt forgiving

meteor was alright but has that "point of no return"

I took this one X Buzzz out back and did thumbers into the pavement, when scraped it on its top and bottom. Damn thing is still stubbornly stable, it's bizarre.

I remember back in the day I had the pleasure of throwing a domey X-Buzzz, really liked it. Flew just like a perfectly worn KC Roc believe it or not.