• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Understable Compliment to the Buzzz

I took this one X Buzzz out back and did thumbers into the pavement, when scraped it on its top and bottom. Damn thing is still stubbornly stable, it's bizarre.

I remember back in the day I had the pleasure of throwing a domey X-Buzzz, really liked it. Flew just like a perfectly worn KC Roc believe it or not.

ive had similar results i never was able to beat a x buzz into a flip machine it will develop little turn and some fade diminishes

thats why i thought the x buzz would be the barely -1 turn and stay in its "sweet spot"

yeah i believe it

Tursas TP maybe? A little faster and more stable than the Comet, less stable than a Buzzz it does have a reliable fade like a buzzz too.. I dunno. Does nice flip ups, holds a turn pretty well.. Depends on your power level.

Or a 170 ish or lighter ESP Comet, yellow haha, flat top.

Last edited:
The Tremor is quite fast for a mid. . but i love it
I still keep a Rubber Blend Buzzz in the bag as my "US Buzzz" . . the RB is slightly US out of the box but beats in FAST to a really US disc

Most people I see throw the buzzz a lot tend to throw the meteor or m4 as an understable compliment.

Personally, I'd recommend the M4 - the feel is similar and it's also wider diameter like the buzzz. If you don't mind a slightly different feel, grab a 172ish X Comet :)

I have a tremor, bag a tursas presently. Tremor is nice and truly US, but a little bit much for this slot. Tursas is an awesome understable mid, just again a little too much flip and glide and fade TBH.

I've been thinking of going with a beat X comet, or even a fresh ESP in a low weight. I might just try to beat in my current X buzzz more, as I would quite like to bag Z wasp / McBeth Buzzz / beat X buzzz as my mids

I have a tremor, bag a tursas presently. Tremor is nice and truly US, but a little bit much for this slot. Tursas is an awesome understable mid, just again a little too much flip and glide and fade TBH.

I've been thinking of going with a beat X comet, or even a fresh ESP in a low weight. I might just try to beat in my current X buzzz more, as I would quite like to bag Z wasp / McBeth Buzzz / beat X buzzz as my mids

If you want less lateral wriggle than a Tremor or Tursas give you, then I think you're looking at throwing a putter. I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, but higher speed discs are going to give you more fade. Especially because (I'm paraphrasing here) you said in an earlier post that you want to throw the disc like a mid rather than like a driver. I'm interpreting that to mean you want to thrower it on a higher line rather than throwing low to minimize the fade. A worked in putter will fly that high, glidey, -1 turn/0 fade line for you. Maybe try taking one of your old putting putters to a field, and see if you can get the distance you want on that -1/0 line?

If you want less lateral wriggle than a Tremor or Tursas give you, then I think you're looking at throwing a putter. I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, but higher speed discs are going to give you more fade. Especially because (I'm paraphrasing here) you said in an earlier post that you want to throw the disc like a mid rather than like a driver. I'm interpreting that to mean you want to thrower it on a higher line rather than throwing low to minimize the fade. A worked in putter will fly that high, glidey, -1 turn/0 fade line for you. Maybe try taking one of your old putting putters to a field, and see if you can get the distance you want on that -1/0 line?

Oh wait, is the Sol actually what I'm looking for here? I think my problem is that it would overlap with my Mirage security blanket.

Oh wait, is the Sol actually what I'm looking for here? I think my problem is that it would overlap with my Mirage security blanket.

I haven't thrown a Sol or Mirage, so I can't speak to those specific discs. But for me, a beat in Prime Judge flies a high glidey -1/0 line very easily with surprising distance. And the Judge isn't unique; I can get a similar line with a slightly worked in DX Colt and likely any number of other putter molds. Just about any neutral putter in baseline plastic should fly like that once it is worked in.

For me, I find my flippy discs basically fly the distance of the next speed group up. Meaning my beat in Judge flies midrange distance, my Tursas flies fairway distance, and my Hatchet flies distance driver distance. Obviously the flip-machines aren't as accurate as the other discs in my bag, but if you are just thinking in terms of distance then the least stable slot in your bag probably goes further than you think. Hence why you should at least try tossing a beat in putter on whatever lines you need before you go buying new discs. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just my two cents.

well have you compared the plh with any other buzzes

I have to do science now? Just read up on what that is, and its PLH is significantly lower than my favorite Buzzzes, which seem to fly as they should. It also has a bit of a puddle and a higher shoulder whereas the good Buzzzes have a less pronounced shoulder, with smoother grades to tops that are somewhat flat.

I was really hoping not to have to learn stuff this morning! Honestly, it's a mess of a disc now that I look at it more closely. But it's quite literally an understable complement to the buzz, so it has that going for it.

I have to do science now? Just read up on what that is, and its PLH is significantly lower than my favorite Buzzzes, which seem to fly as they should. It also has a bit of a puddle and a higher shoulder whereas the good Buzzzes have a less pronounced shoulder, with smoother grades to tops that are somewhat flat.

I was really hoping not to have to learn stuff this morning! Honestly, it's a mess of a disc now that I look at it more closely. But it's quite literally an understable complement to the buzz, so it has that going for it.

its fine you could have just said youre too lazy to figure it out

Looking for basically a Buzzz that flies with a -1 turn. Ideally, I just want a super consistent flip up without burning over, and a little fade.

The issue is that most US options you have to throw like a driver to get them to turn. I want to throw this like a mid, maybe a little height at 80% and get it to fly as intended.

Spoiler alert: the answer is a beat X Comet. Okok, that's fine but I'd prefer something that flips out of the box.

That kind of fuses are good these days? Other speed 4 options?

If you throw a Buzzz, I think the Buzzz SS is the correct answer. With the shared top, height, diameter, and rim depth, the grip feels nearly identical.

Attachments

• Buzzz and BuzzzSS.jpg
    Buzzz and BuzzzSS.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 21
Second on the SS. Like a 2 Year old Buzzz out of the box. Zs are fine, BigZs are really nice, but I'd steer clear of the ESP.

If you throw a Buzzz, I think the Buzzz SS is the correct answer. With the shared top, height, diameter, and rim depth, the grip feels nearly identical.

Yeah my mid set-up is wasp, buzzz and buzzz ss. Brand new a buzzz ss is straight with a baby fade at the end of it's flight. Then it breaks into a hyzer flip machine. I find the meteor too filppy out the box and I can't get used to the rim feel of a comet.

The Buzzz SS is so logical I figured he must have already tried it, so I didn't suggest it haha.

Yeah you are looking for a very specific level of flip on that disc.. If the SS isn't an option trying to find the right Comet will help but I don't think X is what you are looking for it will beat in past the Tursas level fast but it also won't have that hook up fade. Maybe a flat top glow Z Comet, again around the 172 weight give or take a few g's. I've got a pop top fly dye 167 Comet that works well. I dunno have you tried a Buzzz SS?

I like this new trend where we have two simultaneous threads looking for each other. Coming next:

What is the softer, gripper complement to Champion plastic?
What is the harder, more durable complement to DX plastic?

Find a Domier SOL, Mine has barely any turn at 270 feet. Maybe 3-4 feet of turn and 0 fade. Really great disc.

As far as a US MID compliment to a Buzzz I would say M4 or Evidence. Both have similar feel as a Buzzz but less stability (then your avg Buzzz). Neither are truly understable though unless you throw with high power. If you want more flip an Archer or Tremor are nice options. Both shallower. I have a domey Archer in TI and it's really nice. Not that flippy. Maybe -2/.05.

I personally also like the Fuse and Tursas (must be stiffer opto and close to max weight) otherwise they can be too flippy and squirrely.

I like this new trend where we have two simultaneous threads looking for each other. Coming next:

What is the softer, gripper complement to Champion plastic?
What is the harder, more durable complement to DX plastic?

Shouldn't one of those threads be incorrectly spelled "compliment" to accurately reflect reality? Speaking of which, every time this thread pops up I'm tempted to reply with something snarky. Such as "Buzzz, you're like, perfectly worked in. Not flippy in a bad way...flippy in a good way." Because that would actually be an understable compliment for a Buzzz.

I don't throw very far but I found the Z Archer to be WAY too understable. I've never seen anything that flippy.