• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

unrealistic distances

I'm just impressed when I see someone rip one 450+. Doesn't happen very often, but I can tell immediately from the whizz sound of speed + spin coming out of their hand, that they're doing something different than I am. :)

Tim S.

There are quite a few guys in the DFW area that can throw 450+. I've seen them and played with a few of them.

Almost every week I play in a group of grandmasters that frequently throw 300+ on the course during competitive rounds (against each other). We aren't "distance throwers", but we do alright.

Smooth really is far.

I've never seen anyone in person throw significantly farther than I throw. (Other than at Worlds last year, that is.)

But I live in a disc golf void. So it's not surprising that my distance rivals those that I get to play with.

So, if I am going on 50, have decent form, am in decent shape, and can throw 350' for real... There's no reason for me not to believe that younger, better conditioned athletes with better form can't throw over 400' regularly. Heck, eliminate age from my equation, too.

I'd love to see some long throws. I just have to get out and play with more people and I'm sure that I would.

Yeah, I'm 55 and have recently ripped my Lace out in the 360-375 range (not common, but it does happen on a good day). I took my son (who never plays) on a week long vacation with me a couple of years ago and by the end of the week he was throwing farther than me (he was 25 at the time). He's tall and lanky, like most guys I've seen that can throw really far.

I believe I could've thrown over 400 If I'd played a lot in my early 20's and had the discs available now. When I started playing, Cobras and Vipers were long distance drivers. The XD was a driver too. It stood for "Xtra Distance". Now it's a putter.