• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upgrading one of our courses.

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
A little backstory, last winter I hosted a winter point series to raise funds for local courses improvements. We were able to raise $850.00 over the six event series and we also received a donation from one of our local clubs of an additional $200.00. With the tournament season coming to an end we are finally getting started on some of the work.

I have been in contacts with the city and parks department for the course we have chosen to upgrade and I just heard back that one of the city council members wants to meet up with me (tomorrow, i know short notice) and do a walk through of the course, and the planned upgrades. What my question is to you folks are what resources have you used, information have you provided, etc to your local parks and city to really showcase disc golf.

I have several articles that I have found that I plan on printing but I want to know what else is out there. I really want to show them how far disc golf has come and the benefits of having a great course in your park. Links to info would be greatly appreciated, but would love to hear any advice from people who have worked with their local parks and rec.

Quoting 1978 to get his attention. Pretty sure he's "been there, done that," and probably has some legit advice for you, RTS.

Best of luck to you!
Some updates since the course was re-opened.

...what resources have you used, information have you provided, etc to your local parks and city to really showcase disc golf?

... would love to hear any advice from people who have worked with their local parks and rec.

Latest posts