• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Using ubersense to get better

skizzle34

Banned
I searched and only found one thread that mentions this app. I found it today on the App Store and it is awesome for breaking down form and learning about this game. It is free and let's you take a super slow mo video that you can compare side by side to another video. Has anyone else ever used this app?

I've used it a couple of times and it is great. I love how I can watch my driving form frame by frame, it has really helped me correct some of the issues I was experiencing.

Intrigued... must wait for Android version though.

It's crazy to see the little details that go into a throw. I have been using it to critique my putting form and noticed that right after starting my putt motion I would sometimes point the nose down at the ground and those were usually the misses. It was one of those "oooookay" moments.

This an example of why it sucks to have an Android based phone. :wall:

If it makes you guys feel any better, my buddy who works for Sprint claims that android is growing much faster and iOS as far as the apps market, it's just that it's got a lot of ground to cover to catch up.

I'm on android too unfortunately but you guys should let us know a little more about it if you test it so we could look for similar apps or I could even consider using my girlfriend's phone. Would love to check this thing out.

just downloaded it yesterday…seems like it could be useful. haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

This an example of why it sucks to have an Android based phone. :wall:
LOL, you must be an iSheep. I use both, I bought one and later my job provided me the other. I came from Blackberry, so I had no dog in the fight, and I'll say without a doubt, hands down, Android is the superior platform if you're the least little bit tech savvy. Now, if you want a "smart" phone instead of a smartphone the Apple is a decent little device, but I'll be all Android all the time soon (unless I cave in to the voice in my head that wants to try Windows Phone :D). Anyway, I'll download the Ubersense app and report back if the snow ever clears up around here.

Messing around with it more you can replay at normal speed, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 speed. You can then pause it and scroll through frame by frame. You can also stack two videos on the screen and scroll through them both to see how similar they are. You could also compare your form to others. You can either record directly on your phone or import them.

This app does the same thing, but for android. :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twicely.quikcoachapp

I have been using it for a year or so and love it. My favorite part is how you can draw on the screen. So you pause the video, mark where your disc,hip,shoulder, whatever is at. If you are videoing yourself from the same spot and throwing multiple throws, you can then compare if there are small changes in your form.

Latest posts