• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Using ubersense to get better

LOL, you must be an iSheep. I use both, I bought one and later my job provided me the other. I came from Blackberry, so I had no dog in the fight, and I'll say without a doubt, hands down, Android is the superior platform if you're the least little bit tech savvy. Now, if you want a "smart" phone instead of a smartphone the Apple is a decent little device, but I'll be all Android all the time soon (unless I cave in to the voice in my head that wants to try Windows Phone :D). Anyway, I'll download the Ubersense app and report back if the snow ever clears up around here.

I used to think the same thing. I had several android phones, followed xda developers and actively installed/tested carious kernels, roms, and tweaks.

A jailbroken iphone has just as much functionality and customization as any Android handheld, plus a more responsive developer community than I ever experienced while using an android phone.

And before you complain about having to jailbreak; you have to root your Android phone to make any real changes (the kind of changes that "tech savvy" people would be inclined to tinker with), so there isn't much of an argument on that front.

Anyways, I'll have to check out that app, it sounds interesting.

I'll say without a doubt, hands down, Android is the superior platform if you're the least little bit tech savvy.

Some of us are tech savvy but would rather spend our time using our phone instead of having to tweak it. Kind of like why I have no use for Linux. *grin*

They're both powerful platforms. In the end, part of why I'm on iOS is b/c music app latency was atrocious on Android and companies like Moog and Korg don't trust the Android market and their stuff is only on iOS.

Downloading now. I'll play with it this weekend....but it sounds promising. I think I can go frame by frame on my camera, though.

LOL, you must be an iSheep. I use both, I bought one and later my job provided me the other. I came from Blackberry, so I had no dog in the fight, and I'll say without a doubt, hands down, Android is the superior platform if you're the least little bit tech savvy. Now, if you want a "smart" phone instead of a smartphone the Apple is a decent little device, but I'll be all Android all the time soon (unless I cave in to the voice in my head that wants to try Windows Phone :D). Anyway, I'll download the Ubersense app and report back if the snow ever clears up around here.
iSheep? Get over yourself, you just sound a little bitter and jealous saying that stupid stuff. Spend your time enjoying your phone, versus hating on others. Be more productive.

I used to think the same thing. I had several android phones, followed xda developers and actively installed/tested carious kernels, roms, and tweaks.

A jailbroken iphone has just as much functionality and customization as any Android handheld, plus a more responsive developer community than I ever experienced while using an android phone.

And before you complain about having to jailbreak; you have to root your Android phone to make any real changes (the kind of changes that "tech savvy" people would be inclined to tinker with), so there isn't much of an argument on that front.

Anyways, I'll have to check out that app, it sounds interesting.
BOOM! You lose puckstopper.

By the way, I have both OS platforms too and Im not going to tell you which I like better. BUT, I will be downloading this app now. haha

Thanks for posting this up, OP.

No jealousy here, I actually wasted money on this piece of iCrap. How do I lose? Because someone with similar interests has a different opinion? Sorry, but I don't root or jailbreak (although I have in the past) so I enjoy the fact that Android allows me the freedom to organize my phone the way I want, allows me to use widgets, and isn't locked down to Steve Jobs' decade old vision of what MY phone should be. You keep on baahhing iSheep, your name tells us all we need to know about which camp you're in. Enjoy wearing your ironic plaid shirts and black glasses and patting yourself on the back while all of the other AppHoles around you tell you how unique and interesting you are. I'll enjoy actually being able to use my phone the way I want. But to each their own.

On topic, I'm excited this app is coming to Android. I was afraid I was going to have to lug my Iphone around the course after I kill off my contract just to use it. It would have been worth the hassle, because from the little bit I've been able to do with it the app has been fantastic!

apple has a great thing going for their iOS devices and the best integration across platforms. if you don't think so, you're wack. i don't use apple products because i started with android and windows, learned them and like them enough not to change. plus i don't like itunes. i worked customer service for apple, learned things inside and out, and they really had it nailed to the floor aside from the iOS 7 issues and wifi-gate. don't hate just to hate. if someone who has *NEVER* used an apple product can memorize and fix pretty much every issue with an apple product, you know things are cohesive across the board. they just work. plus apple's customer service itself kicks ass. at least i know me and my peeps did.

ANYWAY.

the app stores are where things get interesting; i may download this app once it comes out for android or i may just continue to watch my videos. i can generally tell what i'm doing wrong and adjust, but this app is a great idea.

Last edited:
No one cares about which phone is better. Stop derailing threads.

I got Ubersense, I've messed around with it a little bit and it is pretty cool. Still haven't gotten too in-depth, but I think it could really be useful if you want to analyze your throws. Since there isn't a 'Disc Golf' community on the app, I think it would be cool for some DGCR members to trade info so they can 'friend' other DGCR members on the app and send videos.

No one cares about which phone is better. Stop derailing threads.

I got Ubersense, I've messed around with it a little bit and it is pretty cool. Still haven't gotten too in-depth, but I think it could really be useful if you want to analyze your throws. Since there isn't a 'Disc Golf' community on the app, I think it would be cool for some DGCR members to trade info so they can 'friend' other DGCR members on the app and send videos.

I downloaded today while I was out doing fieldwork, but got sidetrack and forgot to use it...

If you can "friend " people and compare that's a cool feature. I wonder, can you upload videos from elsewhere or only camera roll? Either way this has definite possibility and I will be actually trying it next time I'm at the park.

Used this app briefly yesterday, its awesome and I feel Im going to use it allot. From what I see it is perfect for form development and being able to view and improve your form for both driving and putting uses. The only one thing I would like has more to do with mobile cameras and wishing their was a wider field of view.

This app is GREAT and PERFECT for DISC GOLF!

Download it NOW! Its FREE You won't be disappointed.