• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Reminded last night at leagues why I love Vibram discs. Was playing on some heavily wooded holes. Threw a 300 foot roller with my firm UnLace up a road that plays as in-bounds. Had some tree-shots, but I had enough confidence to run the basket on a few holes without worrying about tree-marks. (My glow Lace was still charged late into the evening, even though it wasn't too bright out during the day.)

Would be nice to have a Vibram "floater"... not sure how that would work. #idea

Liking the discs! :hfive: I have a few that are like that, as well. Did you get them this year?

I have a blue Ridge that I'm going to post a picture of at some point. Very unique coloration. Also, it's a multi-colored soft, which are currently out-of-production with old flight numbers. It's a definite rarity. Also, one of my favorite discs. :)

Yep purchased them about a week ago!

Liking all the fuss over the NEW Four20 driver from Vibram, but I'm going to switch things up a bit for the long-time contributors to this thread. Don't know that this has been discussed already at some point, but has anyone else noticed the small logo on the underside of center-stamped Vibram discs? I've found a star, arrow, and a square. What do these shapes mean, if anything? :)

Liking all the fuss over the NEW Four20 driver from Vibram, but I'm going to switch things up a bit for the long-time contributors to this thread. Don't know that this has been discussed already at some point, but has anyone else noticed the small logo on the underside of center-stamped Vibram discs? I've found a star, arrow, and a square. What do these shapes mean, if anything? :)

Pretty sure that symbol just identifies which mold the disc came from. If Vibram notices that a bunch of discs with the square on them are coming out all messed up, they know which mold created them.

Pretty sure that symbol just identifies which mold the disc came from. If Vibram notices that a bunch of discs with the square on them are coming out all messed up, they know which mold created them.

Nice! I noticed a few of my other Vibrams will have a number 1 or something else in the middle. Might do something fun with it at the Birdie Bash I'm TDing.

The disc currently named Four20 killed it at leagues last night for me. 25-30 sustained and gusting up to 40. Disc straight up performed!!!!
Definitely staying in the bag.

FWIW- No inside information, just speculation based on Community Discs pre-sale and Facebook talk.

I swear that my proto was more overstable, might need to get it out to test.

I had one proto that was very overstable. And one that flew perfect. The other 2 are still in the box.

You could almost see a difference in the flight plate on the two that I threw.

Still wish they would have made the rim a little deeper on this disc.

What will they rename it? OOP(s)

What will they rename it? OOP(s)

Hah! Nice.

After all of that they are actually going to change the name? I am not sure what to think anymore.

That was my thought when I heard the chatter. Like it or not, I can respect them sticking to their guns on this. It seemed like that was what was happening when Steve Dodge carefully but clearly stood up for the disc's name in the recent Vibram video blog.

I wonder how much pressure/push back they're actually getting on this, if any. The dissenters can seem loud on the internets, but who knows what the actual affect of that talk is...