• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Agreed it would be nice to see the OS lace be more stable than a boss or ATLEAST that stable. I am still hunting for an OS distance driver I really like... loved the lace but just was not what I needed in terms of filling a stability roll in my bag. It specially did not seem to flex out of anny release as much as I would like in a DD either.

Have you tried a Z Force? I recently have been looking for an OS pair to my VIP Swords and initially tried VIP Giants but they were a little too much beef. Recently picked up a couple Z Forces and was blown away. They eat wind but are still surprisingly controllable (I have ~430' of power).

I had actually forgotten about the force until I was reading the 2012 Discraft pamphlet I found yesterday while cleaning out a bag.

Street Team Representing at Birdie Bash

Had a pretty good turnout at our Birdie Bash today, and overall there was a pretty solid reaction to the Vibram Discs in general. Even an Amateur World Champion (Advance Grand Master division) showed up and gave his Lace and Ridge a good show. When I asked him what he thought, he said that they would definitely stand a chance at making his bag and that once he figured them out they worked well. Furthermore, many people who had never thrown them told me that they were quite impressed with the discs.

The conditions today were difficult, as there were swirling winds that sustained between 15-25mph and gusted up to about 30mph. As a whole, the Birdie Bash seemed to make a lot more people give Vibram Disc Golf the credibility it deserves and possibly make more converts. I offered to let some people try out Vibram's other molds that I had along with, but with a tournament yesterday and the Birdie Bash today, pretty much everyone was ready to go home and take a nap. Hopefully I can get them to try them out in the coming weeks.

As to the winners at our Bash... I had a three point lead going into the second round and managed to hold on to it to record the win by two points. It was a fun event and even the people who did not play well said they enjoyed the camaraderie and experience that came with trying out new discs.

Have you tried a Z Force? I recently have been looking for an OS pair to my VIP Swords and initially tried VIP Giants but they were a little too much beef. Recently picked up a couple Z Forces and was blown away. They eat wind but are still surprisingly controllable (I have ~430' of power).

yeah I like a good z force or boss don't get me wrong just looking for "the one" lol... I think a beat-in force is one of the best discs to throw but hard to replace/season in that much being Z is pretty damn strong stuff.

I really the like feel of vibram through for a distance driver the lace just feels good and same with putters etc Xlink Med is niiice.

....../snip

Xlink Med is niiice.

Yes it is, but with the warmer weather starting here I'm switching over to firm for some of the longer range discs.

Justin just sent me a couple of gorgeous putters (Summit and VP) in medium that are amazing. Thanks man, great service and delivery as usual. :hfive:

Guess I have not had hot enough temps with a med. vibram to notice much difference and like my soft ions for driving so really not worried about firmness. Soft is actually more durable which I like in a distance driver.

Guess I have not had hot enough temps with a med. vibram to notice much difference and like my soft ions for driving so really not worried about firmness. Soft is actually more durable which I like in a distance driver.

Yeah, down here in Texas, I put the Vibram drivers away in April and I won't bring them out again until late October... unless it's very wet. I putt with them all year.

what happens? My black neutron MVP get HOT HOT HOT in the sun but not too floppy. Only disc I ever had issue with in the heat were the DGA floppy putters. I will be picking up a new OSlace when released but not if the heat is that big of an issue? It gets super hot here tropical heat not like the good dry stuff down there

Here in SoDak it frequently gets to 100+, especially in August, and I have not had too many issues with mediums getting too floppy, but then I like flexible discs.

I need to get back to the issue of the Lace stability. I feel like we are all saying similar things but because the Lace is so different than other distance drivers it becomes really hard to compare.

The Lace will hold a line better than any high speed driver on the market. That being said, if you throw it flat or with a little hyzer, it is going to hold that line. If you throw it with a little anny, well, lets just say I have seen a Lace never get a chance to fade back at the end throwing high and downhill.

I threw out some comparisons because that is what we always do. In reality, there isn't anything you can compare a Lace to. I hope that more OS versions of the Lace will have that same effect. I am hoping for two versions much like what I expect from their mid ranges as well. The Obex is great, but I need a Mobex. The Lace is great, but I need a OS Lace and a MOS Lace.

Had a pretty good turnout at our Birdie Bash today, and overall there was a pretty solid reaction to the Vibram Discs in general. Even an Amateur World Champion (Advance Grand Master division) showed up and gave his Lace and Ridge a good show. When I asked him what he thought, he said that they would definitely stand a chance at making his bag and that once he figured them out they worked well. Furthermore, many people who had never thrown them told me that they were quite impressed with the discs.

The conditions today were difficult, as there were swirling winds that sustained between 15-25mph and gusted up to about 30mph. As a whole, the Birdie Bash seemed to make a lot more people give Vibram Disc Golf the credibility it deserves and possibly make more converts. I offered to let some people try out Vibram's other molds that I had along with, but with a tournament yesterday and the Birdie Bash today, pretty much everyone was ready to go home and take a nap. Hopefully I can get them to try them out in the coming weeks.

As to the winners at our Bash... I had a three point lead going into the second round and managed to hold on to it to record the win by two points. It was a fun event and even the people who did not play well said they enjoyed the camaraderie and experience that came with trying out new discs.

Thanks for sharing. This is the kind of story I hope to hear again and again from the Vibram Street Team.

I need to get back to the issue of the Lace stability. I feel like we are all saying similar things but because the Lace is so different than other distance drivers it becomes really hard to compare.

The Lace will hold a line better than any high speed driver on the market. That being said, if you throw it flat or with a little hyzer, it is going to hold that line. If you throw it with a little anny, well, lets just say I have seen a Lace never get a chance to fade back at the end throwing high and downhill.

very true.. anyone tried rollers with a lace? Lost my FR at blue ribbon this winter and just been holding off for the OS version to come out... MR.DODGE comeeeeeee onnnnn mannnnnnn!!!! ;)

very true.. anyone tried rollers with a lace? Lost my FR at blue ribbon this winter and just been holding off for the OS version to come out... MR.DODGE comeeeeeee onnnnn mannnnnnn!!!! ;)

Threw an unintentional roller at the GBO in the wind. Ended up with the longest drive on that hole in my group. Go figure. Since I normally play at altitude this does not generally happen but I imagine it would work quite well.

Knowing how hard I normally see Mr. Dodge working, I am sure we will see the OS Lace just as soon as it is perfected. I'll keep throwing other things until it is.

I had an accidental roller with a lace once. It hit about 150 and rolled to about 375-400. Don't know what I did wrong, but wish I could figure it out

I have one of the really flippy Proto Laces. It's not very useful, except for very extreme right turns (rhbh) and strong tailwinds... And as an awesome roller disc. I'm not a very good BH roller thrower and I usually just avoid rollers because they're rather unpredictable, but in casual rounds I have bested my previous furthest drives on some holes by quite a wide margin, throwing rollers with Lace.

So I would imagine a more experienced BH roller with a stronger arm could roll a Lace to great effect.

On a semi-related note, I love rolling VPs (flick) and Summits (BH) for recovery shots.

The Lace is great, but I need a OS Lace and a MOS Lace.

This is a really interesting point....I was thinking that the overstable Lace coming out would be a truly beefy overstable disc like that Ape but maybe it is going to be like what the Obex is to the Ibex. Just a slightly more stable version. Could be what they are doing with the long range drivers as well?

Had a lot of fun at the local birdie bash this weekend. Got my first ever ace! Little 258 ft hole, hyzer around a tree. I normally would have thrown a midrange and tried to park it but the Lace came in high and fast and went in :) It is making the bag.

Had a lot of fun at the local birdie bash this weekend. Got my first ever ace! Little 258 ft hole, hyzer around a tree. I normally would have thrown a midrange and tried to park it but the Lace came in high and fast and went in :) It is making the bag.

Nicely done! I love hearing stories where people gave Vibram a try and had a positive experience! You should give the rest of their lineup a try. I'm confident you will enjoy them as well.

Threw my first rubber today, Obex, hit the basket and bounced out. Closest ever to an ace (only a 150 hole, but still) and I am hooked! Going to pick up a ridge and that will probably be just the beginning!

Nicely done! I love hearing stories where people gave Vibram a try and had a positive experience! You should give the rest of their lineup a try. I'm confident you will enjoy them as well.

Yeah, I like this comment. It is basically my thought everytime I hear someone trying Vibram for the first time. There are certainly some people that do not like Vibram, but oddly enough those are the people that are usually expecting the Vibram discs to be just like what they already know. Lets be honest people, there is nothing quite like a Vibram disc.

Latest posts