• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Trust me, its ridiculous. I thought it was a huge fluke thing by the Vibram community but I seriously see why the majority love throwing the glow discs. They are just the brightest out there. Bar none. Anyone that disagrees is flat out wrong.

Over an hour later and the HI is still clearly legible through the FRONT of the disc. On the back and you'd be able to find it with a full moon.

For shiggles a few nights ago I laid out all my glow on my table by my bed and hit em all for a few seconds with my UV light.... Darn things were so bright I couldn't sleep. Had to throw them in my closet. Woke up the next day and peeked in there and they still had a faint glow to them.

This is TOTALLY off the glow subject, forgive me..

I'm basically an Innova thrower, but I wanna get into a lil Vibram! I hit about 300 with Aviars, 340 with Roc3s, 370 with Teebirds, 400 with Orcs, and 430 max with Havocs. Can anyone build me a Vibram bag??

I've got a F Ridge that I've had in my extras bin forever, just now breaking it out. Today I picked up a 174 M Trak at the local shop. I'm trying to figure out where to go next! I'm really wanting a Sole and an Ibex next. My home course isn't long enough to warrant a Vibram Driver real soon.

In the past I have putted with Magnets, and right now I'm working with McPro Aviars and Dx Aviars when it's really cold out. Could anybody make any recommendations? For reference I bag a Havoc for max D, Moonshine Bolt for tailwinds and rollers, an Orc for in between my big distance discs and my....Teebirds, carry 5 of them from fliptastic to beefcake, a glo Ch Firebird for thumbers and utility, 4 Rocs from flippy to overstable, Dx Aviar for flippy driving, Champ Aviar for stable driving, McPro for putting, and a stupid flippy Soft 150class Magnet.

That's wayyy too much info, but I'm uber excited to start throwing some Rubber!!

Thanks!

Based off your bag I would get a sole, ibex or obex really and lace then go from there.

Medium xlink is my personal favorite

Based off your bag I would get a sole, ibex or obex really and lace then go from there.

Schweet. I've only thrown a Lace once and it was so flippy. I'm thinking it's cause it was a F and relatively beat. I got the Trak just cause I think, not certain, but I think they're pretty neutral to US so it'll be workable for sure. Sole next, Then Ibex I think. We'll see.

I lost my pink soft Summit with my blood on it!

58b2e705-0b6a-4412-9051-9e47e0fad8fe_zpsa99e1c30.jpg

But today I got two sexy new soft pink ones.

Schweet. I've only thrown a Lace once and it was so flippy. I'm thinking it's cause it was a F and relatively beat. I got the Trak just cause I think, not certain, but I think they're pretty neutral to US so it'll be workable for sure. Sole next, Then Ibex I think. We'll see.

If you are getting Orcs out to 400, you might be better off with an OLace.

How would the Solace compare to a just a regular Nuke? I have an elite z nuke that worked great until I beat it up and im looking for a vibram equivalent.

I like to throw for D with a hyzer and let it flip up or even over sometimes and ride it out. Would a 175 M Lace or a 167-172ish M Olace work better for that?

The lace would be more apt to do that. The o-lace would still probably hold the hyzer line if releasing it like that.

How would the Solace compare to a just a regular Nuke? I have an elite z nuke that worked great until I beat it up and im looking for a vibram equivalent.

Solace is more like a Nuke OS, just with more glide.

Try an O-Lace if you're throwing the nuke 350 or more. Try a Lace if you're throwing it 350 or less.

Steve has hinted at a couple things coming spring of 2015 and posted a couple pics, but nothing concrete yet. Hopefully soon there will be some good news!

This has probably been covered before and I know they are pretty durable, but what is the break in life on Vibram discs? Ridges specifically. Are they a decent cycling mold?

Pretty sure you could season a Ridge into a Summit flight, just might take longer than you would like.

Forget who it is but someone in here has a Ridge that broke in that far, I would be curious as to how many thousand throws that took.......

I am wondering the same thing. The think Ridge can be beat into something Summit-like , but it would probably lack the same low speed glide. I'll let you know in a in a few months :D