• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does feel weird and definitely takes some getting used to. However, the learning curve is short..at least I picked it up fairly quickly. You just have to relearn the release. All of my group were releasing it late at first. Its so grippy, you just don't want to let go.:p Once you get the timing down, its very easy to control and it won't take a ton of force to make it go a long way.

Thanks for the good words. Damon and Disc Nation do a great job and I look forward to saying hi again in October during the Players Cup. I spent the morning in DFW and we had the biggest Vibram Birdie Mini ever!

No towel required.

When I left the house yesterday it was sunny, but by the time I arrived at the course it was pouring down rain and the wind was whipping. Grabbing my bag out of the car, I discovered my towel was still back at home. I knew most of my champion/Z plastic would be useless after the first throw, and I'd had Star plastic slip out of my hand many times. So I decided it was time to give the Vibrams a real test and play an almost all Vibram round. Thanks to Vibram I had a great round in the rain. No towel required.

When I left the house yesterday it was sunny, but by the time I arrived at the course it was pouring down rain and the wind was whipping. Grabbing my bag out of the car, I discovered my towel was still back at home. I knew most of my champion/Z plastic would be useless after the first throw, and I'd had Star plastic slip out of my hand many times. So I decided it was time to give the Vibrams a real test and play an almost all Vibram round. Thanks to Vibram I had a great round in the rain. No towel required.

**** yes!

Had a similar experience recently. Rain round with only Ascent and Summit. No problem.

Just received an Ascent in a trade that I had some questions about. Tried searching, but I think I was looking for something too specific.

So it's a medium Ascent, Black on top with some minor yellow streaking, and the bottom is like a pink/purple swirl... there are no flight ratings on the bottom, and not like.... the boxes are empty where the numbers should be like a first run, there is just nothing. It does say something along the lines of, "tested where it matters, made in USA", but I don't have the disc with me so I can't confirm the exact language.

So what's the deal with this Ascent?

Also, it has a sunken top. What was the verdict on how that affects Vibram discs?

Mr. Dodge,

I just looked at the Calendar and could not be more excited to see that you are on your way out to Colorado in June. I am so excited in fact that I decided to post a message here just to say that I was excited. I am looking forward to hanging out with you then. Ha! Hanging out with Mr Dodge. I smell a Disc Golf Reality Internet TV Show.

Question:

Which Vibram putter is most like the Magic? or the Pure?

Also when choosing firmness, does the regular X-Link feel floppy then the medium and firm are progressively harder?

I am considering a change in putter this season and I have not tried any Vibram, but would like to.

Question:

Also when choosing firmness, does the regular X-Link feel floppy then the medium and firm are progressively harder?

I am considering a change in putter this season and I have not tried any Vibram, but would like to.

Regular=Medium and is not floppy. Soft is super floppy.

Ahhh...So I need to find a soft x-link!

Are all the putter molds available in Soft firmness?

Yes but softs can be hard to come by because they don't produce them very often. I know discgolfcenter won't really carry them anymore. You may check out GGGT or Marshall Street.

is there a vibram putter that is best into the wind? I figured it would be the VP but wanted to ask people that throw them.

Thanks

If you're looking for a wind putter it is most definitely the V.P. I own four of them two regular, one firm and one chunk. Best putter ever made in my opinion.

Question:

Flight wise, the Summit is the closest to the Magic. They feel a lot different in the hand and the Summit will be more consistent on its line. Once it starts out straight, anny or some hyzer, that's what it does the entire flight with very little or no change at all. The Summit has less glide (more predictable - I personally prefer that in a putter).

As for the Pure, the Sole is the closest. The Sole has a little more low speed fade than the Grip Line Pure, but is very similar in flight to the Pure in Zero Line plastic.

As said before, X-link is not floppy at all. It's the medium flex.

The X-link Soft is as floppy as a Blowfly. If you like putters you can roll up and put in your back pocket, X-link Soft is the one for you.

I mean, no disc is immune to wind, some just handle it better.
Yep, you want heavy, overstable, and dead (glideless).

The VP rules this territory like no other disc, but, I was chuckling a bit the other day, when winds were 20 sustained, and gusting to 40, I was holding my VP to line up a putt and it started bouncing around in my hand like a bobble head doll.
Makes it hard to chain out, but it does make you learn to find the line that never lets the wind see the bottom of the disc.
I threw 2 upside downers when the gusts wouldnt stop, nice to have that move in the arsenal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.