• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried a little about my 100% 'lime' trak when it gets green out. It is hopefully going to contrast well enough...

Steve, are you guys getting any of your discs into some bigger stores like Dicks? Or other large sporting good stores? If you aren't are in some...which ones?

Anyone know of any specialty DG stores in the MO area that carry Vibram? Particularly, Kansas City, St. Louis, or Columbia. Thanks.

REI will be carrying Vibram discs; although it sounds like it's just a handful of locations to start off.

Hey fellow Vibram-ites (Vibram-ese? Vibram-onians? Vibram-icans?), I figured I'd share a new project I just started with you all.

I've recently been recording some footage of myself discing with my Vibrams and have finally decided what I was gonna do with it. I'm gonna be posting a series of videos, titled Discs In Flight, featuring all of the different Vibram molds. While rather inexperienced, and not all that good, I figured this would be a good way for the average casual/recreational discer (a.k.a the noodle arms and those with iffy form) to see how Vibram discs would fly for them. I'm also going to be posting other disc golf/Vibram related videos on my channel.

Here's the channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bmikel216?feature=mhee

And here's some specific videos:
Discs in Flight: Vibram VP-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHQzbY0FPEo
Discs in Flight: Vibram Ascent-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EuU3p1tc4&feature=youtu.be

There is also a video of my playing a full round at my local course uploading right now. Next up in the Discs in Flight series, Ibex/Obex and the Lace. I also have an In The Bag recorded and hopefully should be getting that up later tonight.

Anyways, I figured I would share this here and get some feedback and comments from all of you. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Now that I've been playing a year and have some better discs from when I started I'd like to put together some videos like you are talking about.

does anybody pair a heavy obex with a lighter weight obex instead of an ibex? i picked up a firm 169 obex with the intent of beating it in as my main workhorse mid.

I got a light one at the Birdie bash and it flew about the same as my heavy. I beat in a medium heavy obex and it's still not quite an ibex, still has the obex fade albeit straighter and a little more glide.

Last edited:
that's what i'm looking for. for me the lss of the ibex and obex doesn't vary a lot, and the obex has more hss than the ibex. i'm wanting the hss of the obex with minimal fade. we'll see how the experiment turns out.

Nice vids Brodysseus! Your form looks similar to mine, so it's cool to see how the discs fly from that perspective. Oh yeah, and I'm your first subscriber!

What happens when you read this thread

YES! After several days of dedication, I have finished reading this thread from Post #1 to now.

What happens when you do that? You realize you really like the 2 Vibram discs you're using - Medium Ridge and Medium Lace.
So, you pull out your old stash of Summits and VPs and throw them in a couple of rounds and realize how awesome these 2 molds actually are.
Then, you start buying multiple copies of every other Vibram mold you don't have - Ascent, Trak, Ibex, Obex - so you can try them out, too.
They should be arriving in the next day or 2.
I've been checking the tracking updates every few hours like a kid watching for Santa!

I'm waiting breathlessly for the LaceOS to become available ... and the name should be ... Cleat.

Also, really looking forward to the MObex and the improved Firebird/Predator mold.

The other thing I want is a FiveFingers model designed specifically for disc golf with more protection for the foot and ankle and excellent traction for wet/dry/sandy tee pads.

Vibram rocks!!!!!!!!!

I am worried a little about my 100% 'lime' trak when it gets green out. It is hopefully going to contrast well enough...

I bought a pink and purple Ascent last time, figuring it would stand out up here, where everything is green alla time.

Thing looks like a vagina, but it gets lost just as fast as any other color. :(

Bottom line is, quit pulling chokers before you drive, and pay attention to where the disc goes.

YES! After several days of dedication, I have finished reading this thread from Post #1 to now.

What happens when you do that? You realize you really like the 2 Vibram discs you're using - Medium Ridge and Medium Lace.
So, you pull out your old stash of Summits and VPs and throw them in a couple of rounds and realize how awesome these 2 molds actually are.
Then, you start buying multiple copies of every other Vibram mold you don't have - Ascent, Trak, Ibex, Obex - so you can try them out, too.
I've been checking the tracking updates every few hours like a kid watching for Santa!

I'm waiting breathlessly for the LaceOS to become available ... and the name should be ... Cleat.

Also, really looking forward to the MObex and the improved Firebird/Predator mold.

The other thing I want is a FiveFingers model designed specifically for disc golf with more protection for the foot and ankle and excellent traction for wet/dry/sandy tee pads.

Vibram rocks!!!!!!!!!

LOVE it!

Welcome to the addiction, my friend.

I have a vibram story. My firm ascent went out onto a busy road during rush hour and got run over at least a dozen times. I wiped the tires tracks off and it looks unscathed, but it went from nice eagle-ish flight to beat leopard with a bit more hss. Not really a bad thing. I still throw it all the time. It is a pretty good roller now. It is a good enough roller, that I really want to beat the snot out of a firm trak and see if that could replace my go-to polaris ls as my roller.

I cant throw my lace that great back hand, but I can bomb it on low hard rhfh throws. I throw it with a bit of hyzer, it flips up and just keeps going.

Vibram rocks!!!!!!!!!

That is some pretty serious dedication. I am always glad to hear of another person who loves Vibram. There is much to be proud about in regards to what Vibram is doing and it doesn't stop with their discs. We may not have a full line out by the end of the year but rest assured Vibram is going to make sure every disc they release is exactly what they want it to be.

Hey fellow Vibram-ites (Vibram-ese? Vibram-onians? Vibram-icans?), I figured I'd share a new project I just started with you all.

I've recently been recording some footage of myself discing with my Vibrams and have finally decided what I was gonna do with it. I'm gonna be posting a series of videos, titled Discs In Flight, featuring all of the different Vibram molds. While rather inexperienced, and not all that good, I figured this would be a good way for the average casual/recreational discer (a.k.a the noodle arms and those with iffy form) to see how Vibram discs would fly for them. I'm also going to be posting other disc golf/Vibram related videos on my channel.

Here's the channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bmikel216?feature=mhee

And here's some specific videos:
Discs in Flight: Vibram VP-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHQzbY0FPEo
Discs in Flight: Vibram Ascent-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EuU3p1tc4&feature=youtu.be

There is also a video of my playing a full round at my local course uploading right now. Next up in the Discs in Flight series, Ibex/Obex and the Lace. I also have an In The Bag recorded and hopefully should be getting that up later tonight.

Anyways, I figured I would share this here and get some feedback and comments from all of you. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Good stuff Bro. Keep it up and that form will improve in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.