• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

I fixed them all Dave. They are not that bad, but not what I want to have to deal with if I just dropped $16 bucks on them is all I am saying.

peppermack said:
anyone els a little unsatisfied with the quality control of the Firmer Firms that they have gotten. I have gotten 4 of them from Prime, one red and three purples, and it seems like they have a over mold problem or something and then are trimming off the extra with a weedwacker? The sides are cut all uneven where they fixed them and the only way to smooth it out is to sand it or live with it. I guess when I spend $16 bucks for a disc I do not expect to have this issue. I have been thinking about talking to Prime about it but I am not sure it is worth it. Maybe when Steve Dodge reads this thread again he will address it. Plus the Firmer Firm plastic does not feel as though it will be anywhere near as durable as the regulars or the softer firms.

I have 15 regulars/firms that are all nice, but the firmer firms are messed up a little.

You can bet your house he is going to do something about this. I've talked with QC and the folks doing the trimming. This issue is being reviewed and I expect next week when I come in to the factory that it will be corrected. I'll try to remember to give you all an update on the trimming issue. Thanks for the public heads up (really).

I just got in 3 Firmer Firms purple VP from peppermack and these are nice. Leaps and bounds better than the "firms". The plastic is killer and the speed, glide, and stability are spot on. The are a bit faster and a little glidier and less overstable than the protos. I got in a round with them with 20-25mph wind and rain and they performed fantastically.

Can't wait to try them out some more on sunday!

So... The VP's are finally available in Finland. X-Link and X-link Firm VP's. What should I expect from them? What are the differences in the 2 plastics? I'm not the hugest fan of soft putters, so would the Firm be good choice for me?

ya...me too man....I have all the other colors....I want some white ones. Some black ones, and some other multi colored ones would rock too!! Sir Dodge, are there any plans for some other colors?

peppermack said:
ya...me too man....I have all the other colors....I want some white ones. Some black ones, and some other multi colored ones would rock too!! Sir Dodge, are there any plans for some other colors?

I asked him this very thing. His response was that the swirlies and multicolors were the results of small batches that are created out of smaller test equipment. Production runs are obviously run on a much larger scale where color mixing isn't as easily done. That being said he made it clear to me that they have not dismissed the idea of making mixed color putters. Just not right now.

Why there are no blacks or whites, I do not know. Racism?

dgdave said:
Damn, I want some firmer firms whites. Whered you order those?
Well, I just mailed that white is what I prefer... They aren't in stock yet. Too bad if they don't exist in white :( I'm gonna buy 'em from http://www.powergrip.fi

Anyone got any new/good condition creme summits they would like to trade for a different color summit?

Jeronimo said:
Anyone got any new/good condition creme summits they would like to trade for a different color summit?

I believe there were only a handful of these. They were the very first pressing. We tested them then they were passed around to others. Gave mine to a friend out on Nantucket, who knows where the others may be.

Latest posts