• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

i know discnation has a "dirty" white ascent on the shelf. The disc is white but has a specs of black/grey in the plastic. This is the closest to a white disc that I have seen from Vibram. I keep getting really close to buying it

http://www.wdgmpc.com/index.html

so awesome that austin is getting this event. now i see why you came down Mr. Dodge. I will definitely be there to watch the event.

hey so I got a vibram mini that looks like an ascent with some boot texture on top of it this weekend. When did you guys start making these? They rule.

I think those are new minis. Steve gave some out when he was at the store. If I recall there are 3-4 different types of minis.

Yup, there are four designs. Two are on putter minis, two are on driver minis. The boot print driver minis are the ones that tied the distance world record (thanks to Jeremy Koling).

Vibram Fantasy Disc Golf is up and running. Gentlemen's Club Challenge is the first event. Check it out, let me know what you think. Fantasy meets World Rankings. http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/fantasy-dg.html

Everybody loves the texture of the x-link material used on the 1st run Ridges. That's a fact. Well I found a lighter 164g med. x-link ridge that feels very similar to my 1st run. The rubber is kind of glossy and almost feels like very grippy glass(does that make sense?). The point of this is that I want more. I'm not as big of a fan of the way mixed colors feel. Does anyone have a bead on what colors tend to be more glossy like the 1st runs or is it just gonna be a crap shoot looking for that particular mix?

So I've had this Ridge (black... first run i guess) since last summer. I just recently started toying seriously with the idea of replacing my wizards with ridges because I like the flight, the feel in the hand, and the improved durability. However, (contrary to the previous poster) I am really not liking the surface texture. It's fairly smooth, and i notice that if my hand has even the slightest hint of moisture, the surface feels slick and my hand will slip.

So my questions are three:
1. Are other people having this problem or is it just me?
2. Would I like one of the other runs better, like a swirled color?
3. Should I just hold off in considering a switch until the fusions are released?
(Ok, one more question: how do I get on the list to be a tester?)

-Ryan

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try. Would goo-gone work? Or does it need to be something more specific?

I too would like to hear some more comparisons between the first-run X-Link and production run material. I love my FR Ridges, and I'd like to know if the production runs are pretty close before I drop a bunch of cash on a custom set.

ryankilgore said:
(Ok, one more question: how do I get on the list to be a tester?)

Not sure if there are any openings on the tester list, I think the next batch of testers are those that completed the Ascent Tester forms. Steve is Vibram taking on any additional testers? Could you be so kind as to answer this gentleman's question. Thanks!

~TRB