• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Videos of Specific Shots

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey, there. If in your video searches you run across really good examples of a specific type of shot, why don't you post a link here?

I'm specifically interested in seeing a Hyzer Flip. I haven't found any that really show the flight of the disc that I want to see. Some of the distance competition videos show cool Flex Shots. This one from Avery isn't the greatest quality video, but definitely shows the flex flight of the disc. I really like how it shows the big anhyzer release. And man does it take a long time for that thing to come down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkeCxEXxE8o

And I'm not sure if this is the same throw or not, but it's a cool different view of the same type of shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzhXUYjZ6k&feature=related

Go to 4:45 min and you will see some good hyzer-flippin'. The whole video is excellent though.

At the beginning of the video there's some spike hyzers.

Last edited:
:44 seconds into the above video is a good spike hyzer, although not that extreme of an example.

Yes 4:44 if you watch the disc looks like this / for the first phase of its flight, flips to flat then fades.

good idea for a thread.

Last edited:
Go to 4:45 min and you will see some good hyzer-flippin'. The whole video is excellent though.

At the beginning of the video there's some spike hyzers.

Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for. Felberg and Timo both threw the hyzer flips. Feldberg nailed his. I wonder how far Timo's went, though. It was a lot lower and seemed to "flip" a good bit more before screaming long OB. I think all of the others went OB on that hole, too. That's crazy.

And this video and the European Open videos on Youtube are the cleanest that I've seen. I've been running through the EO 2009 (use that for your Youtube search) videos and they're all great.

Thanks for posting this one!

Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for. Felberg and Timo both threw the hyzer flips. Feldberg nailed his. I wonder how far Timo's went, though. It was a lot lower and seemed to "flip" a good bit more before screaming long OB. I think all of the others went OB on that hole, too. That's crazy.

And this video and the European Open videos on Youtube are the cleanest that I've seen. I've been running through the EO 2009 (use that for your Youtube search) videos and they're all great.

Thanks for posting this one!

I agree, the videos that he posts are excellent. I subscribed to his account a while back and have been watching the Presidents Cup vids recently.

But yeah, great examples of hyzer flip. Feldberg definitely crushed his.

Hole 10 around 3:15 MAD HYZER FLIP:D. This is also a great video all the way through. Makes me want to live where its warm all the time. (1st saw this when it was like 5*:thmbdown:)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CO0i2Wwzp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CO0i2Wwzp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

First time putting a link in,
If the above didn't work use this search on youtube:
North Watertower Park DGC - Sarasota, FL

There are youtube tags if you select the "Go Advanced" button before posting.

Thanks, wasn't sure how to do that. That video is sick and thought guys on here would like it.

It's amazing how many of those holes set up for a hyzer flip. It was probably 12 out of 18. Thanks for the post!

Thanks, wasn't sure how to do that. That video is sick and thought guys on here would like it.

I live up in St. Pete and still haven't played that course. Thanks for the video. I will definitely have to come down there and play it.