• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vision Quest Cedar, MN

Probably more than one reason that have nothing to do with VQ. Consistent format for DGP Tour using one course, all staging for banners, staffing and video can be set at one site, BRP is 27 holes, just easier overall for everyone if one site used.

Probably more than one reason that have nothing to do with VQ. Consistent format for DGP Tour using one course, all staging for banners, staffing and video can be set at one site, BRP is 27 holes, just easier overall for everyone if one site used.

Those are all valid points, but I heard it is all about $$$.

I gotta charge $10 a person for Mill Creek. Only fair for the time, money and work put in.

I would have no problem paying $10 a day for a great private course that's well maintained, with onsite amenities.

However I would have an issue paying hundreds of dollars of front to have exclusive access, only to have it then be opened up to everyone at a later point.

Refunds/Partial refunds would be expected.

I would have no problem paying $10 a day for a great private course that's well maintained, with onsite amenities.

However I would have an issue paying hundreds of dollars of front to have exclusive access, only to have it then be opened up to everyone at a later point.

Refunds/Partial refunds would be expected.

Yep, a little shady they sold them then opened it up to the public. However, many golf courses in my area do the same thing. Sell memberships for unlimited golf, but John Q. Public pays each time they play. Memberships are great for those who play often. How much do you think they should "give back"?

Yep, a little shady they sold them then opened it up to the public. However, many golf courses in my area do the same thing. Sell memberships for unlimited golf, but John Q. Public pays each time they play. Memberships are great for those who play often. How much do you think they should "give back"?

I would think a large amount. A huge selling point of the memberships was exclusive golf on weekdays.

Removing that takes a huge amount of value out of the memberships.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be interesting if someone pushed the issue with the ownership, because it really was a bait and switch.

They offered something of value and exclusivity, then removed that value and exclusivity from it. I would bet some people who have bought memberships will not in the future.

Those are all valid points, but I heard it is all about $$$.

Yes it is about money, mainly $$$$ someone did not pay someone else to use the course during the am side of the majestic. Owner ended up providing water to the players during the super heat on his own dime. Mike is a great guy and do not blame him for being upset.

Honest question and not meant to stir anything, but is open to the public full time or just a July or summer exclusive thing? Just me thinking, but weekday traffic, especially before 4pm, would be almost non-existent during non-summer months. It is easy during the summer to find help to main the trailer, but I would imagine that during the other months that it would not be worth their time. Having a membership then would regain some of its value and exclusivity.

I would think a large amount. A huge selling point of the memberships was exclusive golf on weekdays.

Removing that takes a huge amount of value out of the memberships.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be interesting if someone pushed the issue with the ownership, because it really was a bait and switch.

They offered something of value and exclusivity, then removed that value and exclusivity from it. I would bet some people who have bought memberships will not in the future.

I wonder if there is a membership contract? The words exclusive right might give some ground to stand on re: refunds. All depends on what was agreed to in writing as a member though.

Honest question and not meant to stir anything, but is open to the public full time or just a July or summer exclusive thing? Just me thinking, but weekday traffic, especially before 4pm, would be almost non-existent during non-summer months. It is easy during the summer to find help to main the trailer, but I would imagine that during the other months that it would not be worth their time. Having a membership then would regain some of its value and exclusivity.

All you have to do is email a day or so ahead of time and can generally get access. Ive emailed back abd fourth at 4-5am before and been able yo get in the same day.

Yes it is about money, mainly $$$$ someone did not pay someone else to use the course during the am side of the majestic. Owner ended up providing water to the players during the super heat on his own dime. Mike is a great guy and do not blame him for being upset.

Yah I bet. Water is awfully expensive these days

Yah I bet. Water is awfully expensive these days

Not just about the price of water, more or less the principle of it all. Exclusive rights for the weekend for a private course on the mans property his family lives on is not free. He makes thousands per weekend, getting 10 bucks per time. Apparently being a "top pro" excludes you for having to pay for exclusive access. None of us were there during the talks to make the event happen but from everyone's account that I have heard is Mike and Cale are no longer on speaking terms. He needs to make this right.

Not just about the price of water, more or less the principle of it all. Exclusive rights for the weekend for a private course on the mans property his family lives on is not free. He makes thousands per weekend, getting 10 bucks per time. Apparently being a "top pro" excludes you for having to pay for exclusive access. None of us were there during the talks to make the event happen but from everyone's account that I have heard is Mike and Cale are no longer on speaking terms. He needs to make this right.

Just to be clear; I don't know (and don't really care) about the situation. I just thought it was funny that you mentioned the owner being ripped off and providing water (free) so I made a tongue in cheek comment.

The owner of VQ has the dg world twisted.

I think they thought this was ball golf or some ****.

#UmmmmDGrichsomedaymaybe?!

In the meantime make sure you review my course a 5er'