• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] vroc approved

I got a black one and it came in the slickest blend of star. It seems to slip out slightly, making it seem more overstable. One good rip I had on it flat release, hard and snappy it rode right and finished forward. I need to beat some grip into this thing and get the new off of it to really see it shine. Also, moderate shoulder dome on mine, not at all what I expexted from a 3 mold.

I was able to snag one today so I will make sure to throw the heck out of it. Review in the next week or so

QbzJhJXl.jpg

Gstar Vroc in GCC AM weekend players packs

This is gonna get irritating but is it a vroc or a vroc3? They may have made a mistake giving them all the same name with a slightly altered ending...

That's a VRoc (original Roc top).

Let's be specific. By "original Roc top" you mean the San Marino Roc. That's what this first model of VRoc is based off; VRoc2 is based on the Rancho Roc and VRoc3 on the Roc3.

"Original Roc" means different things to different people depending on when they started playing. Since San Marino and Ontario Rocs haven't been in regular production for a while, lots of people who started playing more recently think of the Rancho as the "original" Roc and the Roc3 as the newcomer, although that isn't strictly speaking true.

gcr_russell said:
Does anyone have any interest in buying one of those Gstar Vrocs with the GCC stamp like Sacnshaft just posted?

I suspect lots of people would for the right price (including myself). However, this isn't the place to post that; post them in the Marketplace if you have some to sell. I'm sure plenty of people would like to try one.

Well my Vroc3 arrived in the mail today but it is -19 outside with the wind chill so it will not be thrown today. First feel impressions- much rounder nose compared to a regular roc3. Has minimal dome but definitely not flat. Very interested to see how it flies and whether or not it fills a spot in the bag that my flat top roc does not fill.

Held one today. Gstar. Not a Roc and doesn't deserve to wear that name. Another turd

This is what Innova is doing. They're taking their discs that are in production and modifying them just a tween. Regardless of the V Tech technology, look at the flight numbers and look at the Shark's. The same. Innova, it seems has gotten lazy on the R&D side and truthfully, haven't put out anything really new, since the Thunderbird, which is just a seasoned Firebird, hot off the press. This is why I am experimenting with other discs from other companies. I've seen Intel take their old 466 MX, I think, over clock them and label them as a new product. Tell me what the Whale is? Another version of the Aviar P/A.

Don't get me wrong. I will continue to use their products but I'm very disappointed that the only new products that they can come up with are modified versions of older molds. And no, I will not jump in line to buy the VRoc at all.

This is what Innova is doing. They're taking their discs that are in production and modifying them just a tween. Regardless of the V Tech technology, look at the flight numbers and look at the Shark's. The same. Innova, it seems has gotten lazy on the R&D side and truthfully, haven't put out anything really new, since the Thunderbird, which is just a seasoned Firebird, hot off the press. This is why I am experimenting with other discs from other companies. I've seen Intel take their old 466 MX, I think, over clock them and label them as a new product. Tell me what the Whale is? Another version of the Aviar P/A.

Buzz OS/SS, Nuke OS/SS, saint pro. Whats your point?

So companies that are 10-20 years behind innova in filling out their line up are better? Dont get me wrong I think some of this is silly too but I think its ridiculous to give props to a new company for adding to their line up stuff innova had covered 15 years ago

Ok I threw a Proto star stamped Champ Vroc today.... One word.... JUNK! Im a Roc guy always have been and welp No way doesn't deserve the name.

The One I threw SUCKED in any wind and when thrown with any power it just flipped. I threw it with a stack of Chings, a few overstable KC Rocs and a couple Roc3s. Good for someone just not me

I want to throw one. But if it's less stable than a vroc3, can't imagine it being super popular. I did get one of the black, basically opaque starish feeling plastic. Pretty pumped about that.