• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Waiting for the snow to melt.

discgolfaholic

Bogey Member
I moved to the moutains because i love skiing but this time of year, when it starts to get warm, all I can think about is getting out and playing some disc golf. Anyone else itchin for a round right now.

:D Was 80 degrees here today :hfive:. Though it was very windy today and we saw several large branches falling including one that literally landed on the bench between us. Hole #5, as if the hole number matters to you :D, had a good 15ft limb sitting in front of the basket... Actually not sure why I didn't move it :confused:.

I played all winter long, even going out during blizzards. My throws are better for it.

snows been melted here for more than a month now. not to say we havent had some flurries drop, but ive been playing for more than a month now and others haven't stopped playing at all. my itch has been and is getting scratched :p

Just played 18 holes. Most of the snow is melted here in Northern WI, but there are still some piles from the plows 15 feet high. Adds a whole extra dimension to it! Anyway, 35 degrees was definitely warm enough for playing in short sleeves!

I actually took a day off today, was the opposite of itching for a round. A rainy and windy, perfect for a day that I didn't feel like trowing anyway. A rare occasion, but being hungover after a long tourney is a perfect excuse for a rest day. this was my 8th day of the year that I didn't trow.

The places I play around town are still buried under feet of snow. I am probaly just going to go throw around in the forest today anyways.

We had a mild winter here and I was able to get some rounds in here or there. I came to the opinion that some plastics don't do well in the cold...and how do you find your drive if it submarines in the snow?

but it was like 75 on Friday and 80 on Saturday! I got 4 rounds in (Then snow Sunday)

We had a mild winter here and I was able to get some rounds in here or there. I came to the opinion that some plastics don't do well in the cold...and how do you find your drive if it submarines in the snow?

but it was like 75 on Friday and 80 on Saturday! I got 4 rounds in (Then snow Sunday)

Yeah it was pretty crazy here, and now like it never happened.

We played all winter, and our disc finding skills and throwing arms thank us for it... I actually lowered my score over the winter. Play in the snow :D

we had so little snow here.. and when it did snow it melted in a day or 2.. was probably the driest winter I can remember. Lets hope that it rains this spring or it will be a serious fire season.

Do you live in Mammoth? We still play in the snow here in the Tahoe area. You just gotrta wait till the snow settles after the storms. We play in the moring before the sun warms the snow. this way you can just walk across the sow without sinking. Icy snow also makes for great skippers.

we had so little snow here.. and when it did snow it melted in a day or 2.. was probably the driest winter I can remember. Lets hope that it rains this spring or it will be a serious fire season.

Weird, we had the biggest winter in history.

Do you live in Mammoth? We still play in the snow here in the Tahoe area. You just gotrta wait till the snow settles after the storms. We play in the moring before the sun warms the snow. this way you can just walk across the sow without sinking. Icy snow also makes for great skippers.

Yes, I live in Mammoth Lakes. I broken my throwing wrist a couple months ago so I did not try and play at all this winter. I am jealous of the Tahoe area actually having legit courses. Here we have summer courses with tape on trees and such.

Ya the dry is terrible, and it has been WWWIINNNDDYYY:thmbdown: and thats bad for the Disc Golf, and the fire danger. Hopefully it stays nice this evening.

I canceled a camping trip in Buffalo Creek cuz of fire danger and open flame ban. I hope it rains soon!!

I played Zephyr Cove in 2' of powder making new tracks the whole time (it took me 4 hours to play and I didn't lose one disc!), I played Bijou with about foot of packed snow, and a couple of weekends ago I played Shasta Series tourney at Mt. Shasta with snow up to my waist in some areas. This winter has given me more snow rounds than I have ever played in my entire disc golf career, but worth every second. I cannot wait to play Kirkwood, Tahoe Vista, and Squaw this summer. That sucks that mammoth doesn't have any good courses, that's why I stay up north I guess.

Latest posts