• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wanted it to work, but it didn’t

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
what disc did you try that you REALLY wanted to work well for you, but left you disappointed?

for me, it was the champ valk. i really wanted this to be my next big distance disc.

I think most understable discs in premium plastic have let me down. I really want a slow turnover that only comes back enough to not knurl but the plastic keeps them too stable.

The Illusion. All of the ones I've had went from too overstable to turning over at the worst time and getting lost in one throw.

As for me, the disc that just did not deliver... I dunno... they all have seemed pretty nice to me...

I take it back, I know which disc. The Buzzz. Don't get me wrong it is actually very nice and I enjoyed a lot of what it could do, but for whatever reason it wasn't able to push out my rocs and the comet nuzzled right up next to them.

Whenever I get new plastic I am so excited to go out and try it and to my disappointment they don't fly exactly like i want right away. Most discs take some time to learn and this can be frustrating.

The only disc that never really worked for me was a Leopard.

The only disc that felt amazing the first time I threw it was a Z Nuke. I guess I knew I could rip it and it would be stable and it was.

R-Pro Wahoo.

I love the feel of the R-Pro plastic but just can't seem to throw this thing worth a damn. If I throw it RHFH or RHBH with over 50% power it flips over into a roller. Was really hoping it would work out too considering it floats......but oh well I will continue to throw my Epic over large bodies of water :\

For me it was the Stalker as well. I liked the idea and tried and tried to throw it well but just cant be as consistant with it as I need. Hell I even have an ace with one.