• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wanted it to work, but it didn’t

Glow Champ Whippet. Tried using it as a replacement for my 11x KC Pro. Perhaps I was setting myself up for disappointment?

Upon further reflection, I'd say besides that damned Stalker it would be a soft Ion as well. From the time I put it in my hand it felt alien. :gross: I think I threw less than a half dozen times. Fortunately Angie instantly fell in love with it.

Everything that isn't in my bag!

Right now trying to replace the Teebird and Wraith with Discraft....and the Avenger and Surge are not making the bag.

Surge SS- supposed to be similar to a Wraith, but not for me.
Buzzz- I am sure they are great, but it never caught on in my bag.
Katana- rim too big for my tiny hands and beyond my ability anyways.
Valkyrie- not sure why, but they feel weird in my hand, and I always throw them too low.

Comet. It flies fine for me but I literally hate the way the rim of the disc feels in my hand. I kept it in my bag for 6 months thinking I would get used to it but just ended up hating it.

Surge. Actually it did work really well, I've had my longest bombs with a Surge, but it's just a scooch too wide for my wittle fingers to feel comfortable.

FLX Avenger

This did not work for me:
FLXavenger.jpg

Groove for sure. was so insanely inconsistent. would fly stable one throw and the next would just turn...... worthless

Any and all forms of a Roc. I've owned and tried to throw DX, Champ, and Star of various weights and molds. Rancho, San Marino, Ontario...it doesn't seem to matter. I know there are lots of players that hate the Roc just because they throw a Buzzz, but I own and throw several Buzzz and have still tried for almost 2 years running to work Rocs into the rotation to no avail. I just can't seem to get the Roc to do for me what I've seen it do for so many other players.

I have to say the Comet as well, it never got comfortable in my hand, then I got a Fuse in a trade and that was the knockout blow.