• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wanted it to work, but it didn’t

Any and all forms of a Roc. I've owned and tried to throw DX, Champ, and Star of various weights and molds. Rancho, San Marino, Ontario...it doesn't seem to matter. I know there are lots of players that hate the Roc just because they throw a Buzzz, but I own and throw several Buzzz and have still tried for almost 2 years running to work Rocs into the rotation to no avail. I just can't seem to get the Roc to do for me what I've seen it do for so many other players.

I cant throw rocs. I just cant get a consistent release and it feels terrible in my hand. The times i got a good release i Loved the way the disc flew.

I also have to agree with Comet also

Another Stalker vote. It flew straight, but couldn't do anything my Core couldn't do for my wooded shots. OK disc, just not a fit for me.

The river, wayy to flippy.

Also, the roc.

If you guys are buying DX anything after speed 7, you are chumps

unless you need rollers

For me its the pro katana. I can crush it and have had some bombs, but it is far too sensitive. It always seemed like 2 diff discs, one throw would turn nicely after a hizer and the next would burn then the next would meathook. Bye bye kan-a-tuna

this...

I've got 2 FR Zs both 10/10 that I don't want but I'm not sure I can get rid of them now with all this bad mouthing. I'm sure someone still likes them.

I was also disappointed with the TD. It was way more stable than what I wanted. I was looking for a disc that I could throw long range turnovers and rollers out of the box. it was almost as stable as my Avengers. maybe I should give it another shot.

I know there are some Stalker fans on here. Actually I am suprised we havent seen them come to its defense here already. Usually when I take a shot at the Stalker, it rattles their cages and they come out of nowhere like a swarm of locusts.

If you guys are buying DX anything after speed 7, you are chumps

unless you need rollers

Nope, I've found several Valks at my home course. Yeah, they do make good rollers or decent downwind discs. But there's probably a reason I've found so many in the woods, lol.

So my hands need to grow 1 1/2 times their current size?

I'm pretty sure it works with people with smaller hands (like me). I use it for everything except for the wider rimmed drivers. But for mids and putters, it's money!

Dx Valkyries. These shouldn't be made in Dx plastic. Brand new they fly fine, but after half a round, they're turning and burning.

They turn into killer rollers. If you want to fly a Valk get Star or Champ, if you want a fast flippy roller get a DX Valk and beat it, it won't take long before it's conditioned.

I know there are some Stalker fans on here. Actually I am suprised we havent seen them come to its defense here already. Usually when I take a shot at the Stalker, it rattles their cages and they come out of nowhere like a swarm of locusts.

Oddly enough someone PM'd me about them because of that post. I replied but no response so far.

It's hard for me to comment on the OP's topic now that I've settled into a setup. I don't really try as many new discs as I probably should. but I've invested myself so heavily in discs in my setup that I'm kinda scared to try something that could possibly supplant a mold that I have 20 copies of. so if I do try something I don't really get my hopes up about it and if it doesn't fit in my game it doesn't fit.

They turn into killer rollers. If you want to fly a Valk get Star or Champ, if you want a fast flippy roller get a DX Valk and beat it, it won't take long before it's conditioned.

quoted for truth

Oddly enough someone PM'd me about them because of that post. I replied but no response so far.

It's hard for me to comment on the OP's topic now that I've settled into a setup. I don't really try as many new discs as I probably should. but I've invested myself so heavily in discs in my setup that I'm kinda scared to try something that could possibly supplant a mold that I have 20 copies of. so if I do try something I don't really get my hopes up about it and if it doesn't fit in my game it doesn't fit.

I know how that is. Im stocked up on a lot of my staple discs now, but Im actually trying to force myself into using those same discs for a long time. I think I will learn to use them better, thus lowering my scores; and I think I will improve better sticking with them as the variables of new discs is eliminated so if I have a bad round, its on me.

Besides that, if advancements truly are making discs better, I should really notice if I dont get latest and greatest for a few years. Just imagine how much more they will advance then.

The Buzzz was the popular disc that for me was really difficult to figure out. I got some ok flights out of it, but I could never get used to it in my hand and it never felt like it was versatile enough to do all that my rocs do.

it never felt like it was versatile enough to do all that my rocs do.

this, A new roc seems to have more shots available to it than a new buzzz. And a beat Roc seams to have more all around than a beat and new buzzz together. I always felt like the buzzz had to be paired with two more discs, at least one.

this, A new roc seems to have more shots available to it than a new buzzz. And a beat Roc seams to have more all around than a beat and new buzzz together. I always felt like the buzzz had to be paired with two more discs, at least one.

Exactly, when I carried a buzzz I still wanted to reach for my rocs a lot, and the shots I did like the buzzz for weren't ones the roc wouldn't do for me. It's a great disc that works really well for some people, just not for me.