• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

FINALLY!

Yesterday was the first sub-100 plus degree day in, after 18 days...
Back to over 100 again today, and at least the next five days.

FWIW: I have played DG EVERY day.
man, I wish. I still play pretty much every day at lunch, but I'm a sweaty mess by the time we get done. 105 today, 107 tomorrow ... at least they're finally dropping ..

I searched and found this year old thread. Thought I'd start it again due to this year heat wave. Living in Indianapolis today's high (heat index) was 113. As I heard on the car radio. Thursdays heat index could reach 117. THICK,HUMID air all week. Lookout east coast. If ya gotta hear the chains this week, drink A LOT of water!

I played today in 93 degrees and god knows how high of humidity. No biggie. Just drink agua. You guys falling like leaves out there need to acclimate yourselves a little, get out of the A/C occasionally.

high 90s today in Wisconsin, def. not headin' out although I've been itching to toss some of my Rhynos I've recently got in the mail.

Bonus to the heat: your muscles are extra loose and it's much harder to tear/strain something. played a 100 degree round in SE Wisconsin today. just load up on electrolytes!

Come check it out some time man. It's a pretty good course, right off 43 in Saukville. If you need someone to play with I'm down. Mukwonago was probably hot since it's inland, Saukville may be a bit cooler since its kind of closer to the lake. Come out some time!

Played in three rivers michigan today and it was insanely hot. Like 112 heat index with 100% humidity. My dri fit was soaked after 5 holes. I seriously thought i mite be in danger of a heat stroke but i finished my round. I had to take a break after each hole. I know iam in decent shape so this caught me off guard.

Be careful out there guys, water is super important but dont forget to pace yourself.

Played at Plamann and somehow managed 2 rounds, despite nearly passing out halfway through the second round. I was literally soaked in my own sweat and my ice water Gatorade was scorching hot by hole 6. By the end of the second round I couldn't handle my discs because my hands were so darn wet.

insert "its hotter where im at and where youre at sounds cold compared to here" comment. Seconded by a "i played 5000 holes in my weather, which again is way worse than your weather" comment....

=)

I have lived near the OP and have lived in Southern Florida, it does not matter where you live. 101 with 87% humididty SUCKS. I still plan on playing, but I will hydrate the day before and carry 64 ounces of fluids containing some electrolytes (watered down gatorade). It's the people who choose to hydrate with alcohol that will have issues.

id rather it be 100deg outside over 0deg. but hey thats just me.

I searched and found this year old thread. Thought I'd start it again due to this year heat wave. Living in Indianapolis today's high (heat index) was 113. As I heard on the car radio. Thursdays heat index could reach 117. THICK,HUMID air all week. Lookout east coast. If ya gotta hear the chains this week, drink A LOT of water!

I played The Hill in Carmel (just north of indy) yesterday afternoon, and it was about like playing in Texas in the summer. I guess we are just used to it already.