• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

To the OP thanks for posting this with the intent aimed at Northeast people. Here in Florida we are use to it hell I work outside but up in the North people aren't. Just drink a bunch of water and find shade when you can.

Mad Dogs and Englishmen

While you're not playing disc golf in this heat wave, sit back and listen to a record.

High of 98° forecast for today. Must be a cold front coming through. Better grab the parka.

I've been playing in Houston, TX. Uv index is usually around 10. Just bring a couple bottles of water along with your beers!

dog-on-ice.jpg

i skiped my doubles torny cause of the heat, i could not breath outside and its no fun for me when dg feels like a chore outside in the sun humidity sucks

107 right now. but the beer is cold, so its time to throw..

we were getting extreme heat but now it is raining most days and the heat has dropped some.

I love how this thread comes up every time it gets to be July. It has been up to the low/mid 90s here but hasn't been awful.

^ 22 people have died in the midwest and northeast in this heat. Heat indexes have been in the 110-120 range here all week. 98 degree heat with high humidity is not a laughing matter. Seriously, if you want to play, that's fine, but be smart about it. If you feel dizzy or nauseated, find a shady spot to sit down and drink plenty of clear fluids. Try to avoid the hottest part of the day if you can, as well. It doesn't matter if you're in Arizona or Michigan, when for all intents and purposes it's 120 degrees outside, you have to be smart.

So vodka = ok ?