• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Washington bound!

BC Product

Par Member
Hello all,

I am planning a trip for 6 people to drive from Vancouver island to Washington state for a four day disc golf extravaganza. We will be taking the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles and I am trying to determine the best place to get accommodations for 6 that will serve as a base camp for us, as well as suggestions for the best courses.

We will likely play rainshadow on our way down from Port Angeles, and then we are considering the following courses over the 4 days:

Fort Steilacoom
Bud Pell
Nad Park
Shelton Springs
Horseshoe Lake
Possibly Seatac on the way back

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Nice grammar lol! Missed my edit window.

I think you've got it with the courses. I haven't played Horseshoe Lake but the first four are the staples of every trip I've made through there. The only one I would suggest is Evergreen State University. It's a beautiful wooded course and is right on the way to Steilly from Bremerton or Shelton. We thought it was well worth the stop.

Are you guys coming back through Port Angeles? If so, I wouldn't bother going into or through Seattle. The traffic is brutal (by Vancouver Island standards anyway) and there is so much great golf in the West Sound area that I wouldn't venture past Tacoma. Why sit in traffic when you could be playing?

Have fun! I'm totally jealous as I won't be able to make a trip down work this year. Also totally cool hearing that you are going through DGCR forums....:mad::|:p

Wolfey! How could I possibly forget to talk to you about this!

I assume you will be knee deep in building by late April - mid May, but it would be awesome if you could join us. We didn't get our poop in a group for Pender, which was probably a good thing with the snow that came.

Eric wants to do seatac and I assumed that just heading North from there would make sense. I may try and talk him out of it since there is so many other courses to play and it will keep us out of the gridlock.

I think your course list is solid, and I would also add Kitsap Fairgrounds, it's one of my favorites and is really under-rated. It's also only 5 minutes from Bud Pell. Make sure not to skip Rainshadow.

We're also up to our necks in microbreweries around here, too. :clap: You've got to hit the tasting room at Silver City Brewery in Bremerton. Only 3 minutes from NAD Park, maybe 5 min. from the place Wolfey linked to. Great beers and half the staff are DG'ers.

In Washington they have a saying: If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, then shoot yourself in the face.

In Washington they have a saying: If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, then shoot yourself in the face.

As dumb as it is, this may be my favorite post of yours because it's not 25 stupid and boring as f*** paragraphs long.

4 days ?
Best bet would be to come over on the ferry to Port Angeles, stay somewhere close to Bremerton and play the peninsula courses, then stay in Seattle on day 2 and play Seattle courses. Day 3 head north from Seattle and play a few courses along the way, like NSRA in Sedro, then return on the ferry from Tsawwassen, or Anacortes.

I think your course list is solid, and I would also add Kitsap Fairgrounds, it's one of my favorites and is really under-rated. It's also only 5 minutes from Bud Pell. Make sure not to skip Rainshadow.

We're also up to our necks in microbreweries around here, too. :clap: You've got to hit the tasting room at Silver City Brewery in Bremerton. Only 3 minutes from NAD Park, maybe 5 min. from the place Wolfey linked to. Great beers and half the staff are DG'ers.

Great suggestion. I am looking forward to trying some local microbrews. Thanks!

Hello all,

I am planning a trip for 6 people to drive from Vancouver island to Washington state for a four day disc golf extravaganza. We will be taking the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles and I am trying to determine the best place to get accommodations for 6 that will serve as a base camp for us, as well as suggestions for the best courses.

We will likely play rainshadow on our way down from Port Angeles, and then we are considering the following courses over the 4 days:

Fort Steilacoom
Bud Pell
Nad Park
Shelton Springs
Horseshoe Lake
Possibly Seatac on the way back

Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you're headed south along 101 to hit Shelton Springs and intend to make your way through Oly on your way back up to I5 and seattle, consider the Evergreen course. Really coming along, good wooded disc golf.

On your way through Port Angeles, be sure to stop for a bite/beer at Midtown Public House. Very reasonably priced and tasty food and great tap selection. The owner and staff are disc golfers and do a lot for disc golf in that corner of the state.

As to course recommendations, I agree with most here. I myself enjoy Kitsap Fairgrounds, but others I know aren't as big on it.

Seatac is well worth a visit at some point but kind of out of the way from most of your courses. Traffic can indeed be a s**tshow, but if you time it right, it's not too bad. One option would be to take the Southworth/Fauntleroy ferry to get back to the peninsula and miss any freeway traffic (relatively close to Horeshoe Lake too). But you've got plenty of good golf already planned for 4 days worth, I'd probably save it for another trip myself.

On your way through Port Angeles, be sure to stop for a bite/beer at Midtown Public House. Very reasonably priced and tasty food and great tap selection. The owner and staff are disc golfers and do a lot for disc golf in that corner of the state.

As to course recommendations, I agree with most here. I myself enjoy Kitsap Fairgrounds, but others I know aren't as big on it.

Seatac is well worth a visit at some point but kind of out of the way from most of your courses. Traffic can indeed be a s**tshow, but if you time it right, it's not too bad. One option would be to take the Southworth/Fauntleroy ferry to get back to the peninsula and miss any freeway traffic (relatively close to Horeshoe Lake too). But you've got plenty of good golf already planned for 4 days worth, I'd probably save it for another trip myself.

Thanks for the tips. We love to support fellow disc golfers so I will check in on the Midtown Public house.

One of our group is keen on seatac, but I agree that there is a lot of golf to be played without having to fight with traffic. Also, with the evergreen and kitsap suggestions, we have a lot of options.

Thanks for the input everyone!

We don't have any worthwhile local disc shops. Any suggestions for a place to fondle/purchase discs and such?

Latest posts