• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

ooh. Glad I spent my money on swirly preds instead.

Domey wasps are not for me.

Thanks for the pics, though! It's too bad, I would have enjoyed getting my hands on some gummy, flat, big z wasps.

i feel much better about my decision now

not good long term for the future of the wasp tho

When I posted that Wasp review vid a couple weeks ago, I made a comment on YT for him to look for flat Z's and the guy was like, "I never knew those were a thing." or something like that. I told him that the flatties used to be the norm and you used to have to search for domey ones if you preferred them...

It now appears to be the other way around...:thmbdown:

Welp. Got the Big Z Wasp. Save your money. Wayyyyyyy too much dome.
So this dastardly Big Z Wasp I have on the way, which will inevitably have dome, is this just gross because of hand feel? Or will these domey Wasps fly significantly different from the traditional flat Z brethren?

I ask because every Wasp I've ever had was board flat, will the dome make it glidier and less stable?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So this dastardly Big Z Wasp I have on the way, which will inevitably have dome, is this just gross because of hand feel? Or will these domey Wasps fly significantly different from the traditional flat Z brethren?

I ask because every Wasp I've ever had was board flat, will the dome make it glidier and less stable?

Good question. Mine is too gross to bother throwing. Let us know because the one i have wont be released to the wild.

They're not board flat for sure but the slight dome is not a big deal imo. Ymmv. I can see not wanting to pay premium prices though if you're really hung up about the shape

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It's common for Big Z to mold out with more dome. I would not worry about it.

We have releases of ESP and Swirly Z to look forward to this year. This is an exciting time to be a Wasp thrower.

I knew about the ESP tour series, but they're running them in Swirly Z too?!

From my understanding is:

You want your mids to be flat (ie Buzzz, Wasp, Roc) because they are going to hold that straight line more without deviation because of less air getting underneath the disc. Having mild to a lot of dome lets the air get more under the disc which makes your disc go awry. Every mid I've owned has been flat and I have owned a domey-er buzzz and it just didn't hold the intended straight line like my flat top ones.

From my understanding is:

You want your mids to be flat (ie Buzzz, Wasp, Roc) because they are going to hold that straight line more without deviation because of less air getting underneath the disc. Having mild to a lot of dome lets the air get more under the disc which makes your disc go awry. Every mid I've owned has been flat and I have owned a domey-er buzzz and it just didn't hold the intended straight line like my flat top ones.

Not really. Parting line height is mostly what channels the air over or under. A disc can have both a high PLH and be domey. Dome can (read usually, but not always) increase the glide, which is wonderful on the Comet but not so good on the Wasp

A domey Wasp becomes more Roc-ish... and if I wanted a Roc, I would buy a Roc. Having said that, I did tell a friend, whom is a Roc thrower, about these as he has been looking for a Roc in premimum plastic.

dome /= glide

i havent thrown a domey wasp in about 10 years but it was less stable and really reminiscent of a rock rather than a true wasp flight

M7dtlTB.jpg

Got a chance to throw the big z wasp today. Compared to my z it's pretty much identical. Big z might be a tick more os but I think that's due to it being new.