• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weapons of mass distance

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *
I resisted - I kept slow discs, worked really hard on my form, and emphasized putting over everything - and while I will still play with the philosophy of "using the slowest disc that you can still get the distance needed"...

...two high speed drivers have made the bag. This thread is about one of them -the Nuke.

HOLYCRAPOMG I'm constantly breaking 400' with this disc. At a new course I've been playing theres 4 420'+ holes (basic open field fairway) and I"m putting it in the circle with the at least once per round. I'm sorry if it comes across wrong, I'm not trying to boast - I'm just really stoked.

Here's the question - does anyone have throwing experience with those Am Worlds CryZtal Sparkle Nukes? I throw a Z and Glo and worndering how they'd compare to the Sparkle.

Nuke's are awesome. I didn't think I had the arm for it either, but I cannot ague with the results.

Sorry, I'm no help with the CryZtal Sparkle.

I have a z, glo and esp. Threw esp FH once and put her back. I'm not ready yet :(

Those sparkle ones look sweet tho...

Although I do think discing down is a great way to get better at the game, it's fun to let a monster rip go with a distance driver. I'd really like to try out a Z Nuke, because I just turn over my Esp nukes like it's nothing. I do love my Katanas though, for me they're easier to control for just as much distance.

Having a nuke in my hands makes me feel like george bush with his finger on the red button...

i'm sticking with my wraith.

I have Nukes in Glo, Esp, Sparkle. and even a couple Sparkle Nuke+ in the bag. IMO Esp is flippy then would come Glo/Z and Sparkle bring the most stable of them all. the sparkle I have has no dome what so ever and is STABLE. Thou I have yet to try it in a high wind shot, I threw it about 400-ish and it died hard at the end (RHBH) where as I threw my ESP (memorial) on the same hole and it flipped up and went about the same distance give or take 30 ft... never really dying off.

Love my Z Nuke !! It is a bomber, no doubt about it. I get a similar flight out of my semi-beat 171 Champ Boss, and if I had to choose one it would probly be Boss just for the variance factor from heavy to light.

Now I'm curious what the other one is, you've got understable covered... Gonna guess Ape

haha - the other is Destroyer. THe first disc I broke 400' with (3 weeks ago in a tourney).

I might have to pick up a sparkle Nuke if it's on the stable side - I'm turning my Glo when thrown flat, the Z is a bit seasoned (traded for it) so I can acutally make it smooth turn

Thanks for the props guys - definitely if you work on your form it will show. It took me almost daily practice from last August until now, but 100' of distance later I'm not complaining!

I was going to guess Destroyer - those two discs (Nuke and Destroyer) are hugely popular on my local course, especially the Destroyer. I've seen some pretty massive bombs by both, but more often than not - wild forehands into the trees. If you've got the arm for the big guns - flaunt it. :thmbup:

haha - the other is Destroyer. THe first disc I broke 400' with (3 weeks ago in a tourney).

I might have to pick up a sparkle Nuke if it's on the stable side - I'm turning my Glo when thrown flat, the Z is a bit seasoned (traded for it) so I can acutally make it smooth turn

I can not comment on the sparkle nuke. However I use to throw the rogue and I had a couple in sparkle. They always felt more stable but I was not sure if that came from the fact that the material was tougher and the disc just held its original shape better or it molded up more stable. Either way the sparkle rogue always held the overstable spot in the rogues I carried.

Cheers - Koffee

If you've got the arm for the big guns - flaunt it. :thmbup:

I really like the Nuke. Surprisingly easy to throw. My problem is the middle segment of my index finger isn't long enough to wrap around the wing of the disc and provide a good lock. I'm finally coming to grips (ha) with the fact that, to avoid micro slips and maximize leverage, 20-21mm rim width is about as big as I can go.

I also don't have a Sparkle Nuke yet, but I was throwing Z's and Glows.
These discs teach you better technique because they are easy to flip, so you cant over torque them if you want them to go far.
They got me throwing flatter and flatter.
BUT, they do flip alot, and they are nasty into a strong headwind.

Recently I found a sweet, domey 164 gram Champ Destroyer. With the better technique the Nuke taught me, I can now throw the Destroyer farther, so I took the Nuke back out of the bag.

I can not comment on the sparkle nuke. However I use to throw the rogue and I had a couple in sparkle. They always felt more stable but I was not sure if that came from the fact that the material was tougher and the disc just held its original shape better or it molded up more stable. Either way the sparkle rogue always held the overstable spot in the rogues I carried.

Cheers - Koffee

I heard the sparkles add 10-20 feet to every throw

I gotta agree with this, sparkle discs always get more distance. Kinda like a really hot girl, you can go a long, long way on looks alone.

I picked up a 170g z nuke and a 174g glo nuke and i have had my biggest throws with it( 400ft +),but i have been getting my surges real close to that with more control,less skip off and a less agressive line. The nuke only comes out on big open holes but i love em.

From what I have heard the sparkle nukes are a lil more stable than normal. But I havent tested it myself so that is just 2nd hand info

My sparkle nuke is almost identical to my first run Z. Slightly more stable but not by much.

Good to know - I think I will like it.

I heard the sparkles add 10-20 feet to every throw

See I was on the fence, but knowing that sparkles add distance - well it's a no brainer :p

I gotta agree with this, sparkle discs always get more distance. Kinda like a really hot girl, you can go a long, long way on looks alone.

What if that hot girl had the aforementioned sparkles? Then she'd go even longer.

I picked up a 170g z nuke and a 174g glo nuke and i have had my biggest throws with it( 400ft +),but i have been getting my surges real close to that with more control,less skip off and a less agressive line. The nuke only comes out on big open holes but i love em.

:thmbup:

Latest posts