• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside tursas

There was a pretty dramatic stability difference when I removed the flashing off of both my TP and VIP and Tursas. I still like them both but may go back to either the Tangent or Fuse to allow some break in room because I'm pretty sure these will turn into short rollers after a bit of abuse.

The Tursas is a really useful disc. Goes on so many lines and does those nice anny curves. With my VIP version, I can throw awesome S-curves and annys, hyzers not so much. Not so understable as the numbers say, at least in VIP.

The problem is that it doesn't just fit my bag. My truth can hold the same lines and still hold hyzer lines. Great disc but if you're a mold minimalist, this is not for you.

I bought a 178 g VIP tursas and love it. I don't flick anymore and this disc has filled a huge hole in my bag. Anything sub 300 ft that needs a flick route and the tursas comes out. It's a great compliment to my truth. Anybody still throwing this thing?

My friend has a beat BT Tursas and it's a bit too understable, but week ago I got to throw the VIP Tursas and I liked it. It feels good in the hand in VIP.

I throw a max weight TP Tursas and it is a great mid range. I am gradually switching to a prodominately Westside bag, and it may possibly replace my beat Buzzz. I can put a bit of hyzer on it and throw it 60% to hold a hyzer line or throw it hard with to get a hyzer flip. Wonderful disc. Westside's plastic is super durable and very consistent. Great company.

I love my TP Tursas for glidey, forehand anhyzers. I just flick it with almost zero arm movement and it coasts and coasts. I am too afraid to remove the severe flashing though. I like the way it flies right now as-is.

I bought a 178 g VIP tursas and love it. I don't flick anymore and this disc has filled a huge hole in my bag. Anything sub 300 ft that needs a flick route and the tursas comes out. It's a great compliment to my truth. Anybody still throwing this thing?

I use to throw this combo until my classic truth beat into this slot. My truth flies like my fresh glopto (if you will) max weight tursas. Its fantastic.

There was a pretty dramatic stability difference when I removed the flashing off of both my TP and VIP and Tursas. I still like them both but may go back to either the Tangent or Fuse to allow some break in room because I'm pretty sure these will turn into short rollers after a bit of abuse.

I carry both Tursas and the Fuse.
Just depends how much turn I need.

Bump for a great understable mid. It's currently my go to hyzer flip disc. I have a pearly white TP Tursas with a green foil stamp. Love it.

I tried the Tursas, but it wasn't for me. It is just too flippy to offer any added value. At 80-90% it flipped over very fast making it difficult to predict even on a hyzer flip. On a 60-70% it just made the same shots I can accomplish with putters, but again with less predictability.

I'd say it is a great beginner disc and low power throwers disc. You could also use it on the field when working on your form. So surely there is a place for it, but that place is just not in my bag.

I agree, its usually too understable for me even for powered down flips and turnovers. I rarely use my Tursas, but when I do it's for specific high turnover shots where I need to give it air to get a big right drift. It gets dicey with more stable discs as they will be more inclined to stall out stable and not turn. Meteor throwers would have to explain to me how to use this disc beyond that.

Hoping someone can give me some info on the Tursas. I currently bag the Squall and Aftershock and have experience with the Fuse and Comet but I currently use a beat DX Gazelle as my understable mid. My Squall flies exactly how the flight chart shows and I can easily get it out 300' all day and prefer more of a "driver like" feel to my mids. Is there anyone here who has experience with a Squall and a Tursas that can offer some comparisons for me?

Hoping someone can give me some info on the Tursas. I currently bag the Squall and Aftershock and have experience with the Fuse and Comet but I currently use a beat DX Gazelle as my understable mid. My Squall flies exactly how the flight chart shows and I can easily get it out 300' all day and prefer more of a "driver like" feel to my mids. Is there anyone here who has experience with a Squall and a Tursas that can offer some comparisons for me?

I've only thrown one used squall a handful of times, and it was very similar to my max weight vip tursas. Can't throw it 100%, but on a nice 70% smooth throw would have a turnover for the entire flight out to around 300'. Need to throw it high to allow the turn without the burn. But, when released right was nice, smooth, and understable. Beat classic truth is my turnover of choice though. :)

Tursas is money - you can get it out to 350 and on target every time.

I've only thrown one used squall a handful of times, and it was very similar to my max weight vip tursas. Can't throw it 100%, but on a nice 70% smooth throw would have a turnover for the entire flight out to around 300'. Need to throw it high to allow the turn without the burn. But, when released right was nice, smooth, and understable. Beat classic truth is my turnover of choice though. :)

Tursas is awesome for those shots you where you don't want fade and a big turn. Loving mine, threw it twice today, both birdies of course. :thmbup:

I got a Classic Truth too that I want to beat in to see how well that does against the Claymore/Fuse/Tursas depending on how it's beat.

Westside Tursas

Any feedback on the Tursas? Any comparisons to the Fuse, or a Meteor? Thanks all.

*** I did do a search and I couldn't find the Tursas in the results. Sorry if this is a repeat.