• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whaa Whaa Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menacewarf

Double Eagle Member
What do y'all think about Avery's call on Facebook for input about worlds?

254e4618.jpg

28f10ba8.jpg

82374cb7.jpg

a3061b7a.jpg

7a88b6c8.jpg

Does every worlds have this kind of backlash or is this unique?

I'm more referring to the 75% negative comments. Just wondering if that's usual; hence why I posted all the comments instead of just the request.

I'm more referring to the 75% negative comments. Just wondering if that's usual; hence why I posted all the comments instead of just the request.

Not just worlds but every tournament has this backlash. It's kind of a joke. Disc golfers are entitled crybabies, and the TDs are always stealing from the ams, and screwing pros at the same time etc. It's the sport we love but it's where it's at because the people who try and grow it are screwed over while the moochers reap all the benefits, and then bitch about not getting enough. Just my thoughts.

BTW, so happy for Paul McBeth as out of all the touring pros i've ever seen or met he's the only one that acted like a real human, and didn't act like a crybaby on the course.

Nobody said that they didn't have a good time at worlds, just little things that bothered them. But yes, most of those things should not be happening. And to the guy complaining about not being able to play because he was not invited and he couldnt get signed up in time, in my opinion Worlds should be INVITE ONLY, AM and PRO divisions.

I see a lot of complaints about non disc golf stuff like players pack, players party, banquet, etc... When did playing in a disc golf tournament make you royalty?

I agree some of this whining is a little lame. But lets focus on some legit complaints.

Letting players decide if the weather is too bad forthem to finish even tho it hadnt been suspended, allowing some to finish in better conditions.

Scheduling 8am rounds the day after the players party would bum me out also.

As far as the rest of it, food runs out, courses are tough, and its summer time so heat is gonna be there, deal with it, get there sooner, play better.

Do a little digging and you will see how AJ really feels about Charlotte.
He basically said that disc golf shouldn't be played on unkempt park courses.

He and I had a little go around on twitter yesterday morning after he stated that he was playing his final round ever at Nevin.

I wonder if PGA players ever go on twitter or facebook and bitch about how US Open courses were just to hard for them and the hotels sucked.

75% is ahead of the curve. The old retail adage is that every negatively impacted customer might tell ten of their friends, but the positively satisfied customer will tell only one or two. That's not far off the mark for people in general. I think when someone legitimately asks for input, then if it turns out to be 100% negative, that had better be ok with them.

I had my share of disappointments (most have been expressed and are legitimate criticisms), but I loved the world's experience.

It's sad to hear rumors of Avery not liking Nevin, as it's one of the most challenging courses around. I hope that most people had an amazing experience and could leave town with an overall positive vibe.

It's tough to balance the good courses with all of the divisions. I think every big tournament has this dilemma. I think it was too bad only MA1 competitors got to check out RL Smith.

As a future TD of many events (for whatever reason, I like doing it), I'm really curious to hear more feedback.

75% is ahead of the curve. The old retail adage is that every negatively impacted customer might tell ten of their friends, but the positively satisfied customer will tell only one or two. That's not far off the mark for people in general. I think when someone legitimately asks for input, then if it turns out to be 100% negative, that had better be ok with them.

Think that is 100 % accurate. Remember being so excited when I first started to see the touring pros. Then while following them around they just cried and talked about how crappy our course looked, and were total *******s/douchebags etc. I wouldn't have anyone go follow a touring pro player, or have a friend come spectate some mid 20 year old crybabies. I love watching all my favorite sports played at the highest level from basketball, to Judo, but Disc golf because of the crying and bitching. If Avery is on the board of directors that is problem number one because that guy has soured every local club in America with his attitude.

i'd like to hear the full story of the rain suspension that either was or wasn't depending on which group you were in. that and the lateness of tee time announcement for round one seem like the only real issues to me. all the rest is just typical grousing... hopefully my charlotte friends aren't soured by the experience of running it. imo you have to be a bit of a sucka to sign on to do it in the first place... you can run the best worlds ever and still get a bunch of bitching and whining from the entitlement crowd...

What Pro's were complaining about the courses? I only followed the lead cards of the Women and Mens. The guys were all very friendly and chatty with each other. The women not as much, but Hokum actually chatted with me and my friend a little between holes at Bradford. The men all seemed to enjoy their time and the courses. Of course they were playing great, so I am guessing that has something to do with it.

They had tee times up quite a bit quicker than the combined am/pro worlds I played in Ann Arbor. With that said, it seems to me, that tee times could be up as early as a week prior, with just one pool for the last entrants and those filling vacated spots, not learning until late. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but this seems to make sense to me? My guess would be that you fill the tee time slot of the person who vacated; but, still, that means, it would just be those who are filling vacated spots that wouldn't know until the very last minute and would understand that this is just part of the process. The only downfall I would see is if two spots on a card were vacated and due to the lateness of filling, no one wanted to step into said spots, and card would not have enough players to be a valid card. Seems that would be pretty rare though.

From an inside source apparently AJ, Doss and Feldberg were whining... all guys who didn't live up to their standards this week. I wonder if their never really having a chance had to do with their problems.

What Pro's were complaining about the courses? I only followed the lead cards of the Women and Mens. The guys were all very friendly and chatty with each other. The women not as much, but Hokum actually chatted with me and my friend a little between holes at Bradford. The men all seemed to enjoy their time and the courses. Of course they were playing great, so I am guessing that has something to do with it.

Here is an Avery quote...

The Courses are ALWAYS the MOST important feature and these are no where close to World-Class Level for the World Championships

They had tee times up quite a bit quicker than the combined am/pro worlds I played in Ann Arbor. With that said, it seems to me, that tee times could be up as early as a week prior, with just one pool for the last entrants and those filling vacated spots, not learning until late. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but this seems to make sense to me? My guess would be that you fill the tee time slot of the person who vacated; but, still, that means, it would just be those who are filling vacated spots that wouldn't know until the very last minute and would understand that this is just part of the process. The only downfall I would see is if two spots on a card were vacated and due to the lateness of filling, no one wanted to step into said spots, and card would not have enough players to be a valid card. Seems that would be pretty rare though.

Seems to make sense.

On the overall topic. I guess it's just a bit of an overall bummer that a bunch of volunteer work can happen , all with total best intentions, , and can it can draw criticisim. On the other hand there are others who spend tons of money and build something up in their mind and they don't get what they wanted out of it...well it's just a bummer both ways I guess.

On the complete flip I'm sure (and know) plenty of others had a blast.

Didn't Avery say the courses were too easy and then changed his mind and complained about how hard they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.