• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the most valuable lessons you've learned while disc golfing?

When someone yells "FORE" don't turn around and look up.

So much this. And never stand to the side of a teepad unless you are the "one" with matrix like skills.

Just because you think you are peeing in a secluded area doesn't mean it's secluded. Always find the double tree for cover on both fronts.

Nature is beautiful. Enjoy it as much as possible.

Let go of results and just enjoy every unique experience.

Do what makes your happy, no matter what

Make time for the outdoors. Disc golf is a way for me to recharge my batteries. Solo rounds allow my mind to wander while playing with others is a social outlet for everyday stress. In either case, hiking through nature is the best part of disc golf! :hfive:

That getting up early to play golf all day is a lot more fun (and healthier) than staying out all night getting drunk.

:eek:NO, I really suck!
I have realized I never have a quiet mind. When I am practicing putting I literally have to tell myself to shut up inside my own head so I can focus.

Most people that say they are good usually suck, most people that say they suck are usually good.

"Good" & "sucking" are relevant terms. You may indeed believe you suck, because you play with pros all the time, but compared to the guy that's only been playing for 6 months, you're pretty awesome. :)

It is better to give than to receive, and if you give, you get a lot more back than you ever expected. Well, maybe DG did not teach me this, but it continues to reinforce it.

Latest posts