• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your expectations?

I'm at the point of knowing consistency trumps power every time. But I love throwing discs really really hard...

Plus, with with only a little practice time in with my Wahoo, and knowing that I'm getting a Tern soon, I'm thrilled to be able to say the following. It's no longer totally inconceivable that I might actually hit 400', without the help of wind or elvation, sometime on a wide open hole.

I had totally given up hope of hitting this mark until I tried out the Wahoo. After only three throws with it, I was already going 40' or more beyond my drives with my other drivers. So as long as I learn the Wahoo/Tern and improve my form quickly, for before my age and physical factors potentially start to break down, there's at least a chance!

And if I'd practice my putting like I did before my one and only tournament, I'm sure that it could improve my consistency up to 30' a bunch. I'm probably 7-8/10 at 20' currently, but it drops off drastically from 25-30'.

I just expect to keep my cool throughout my rounds, stay positive, and play smart. Always have fun and usually shoot pretty competitive scores when I can do those things.

I expect to shoot under par every course I play, give myself motivation with Streaks. Also expect to hit basket or chasity belt on putts 50ft and in.I also expect to hit that elusive -10 round.

Just a few from me:)

I expect to make every putt inside 30' (Putting is the strongest point in my game).

I expect to have a shot at birdie on any hole under 300'.

I expect to shoot 900+ rated rounds (Currently 909 rated).

^Yes, take an average round of yours and compare it to past tournament records of the pdga. If you keep doing this and finding the mean of all the ratings then you'll have your rating.

I want to leave with no 5's, and at least as many birds as bogues but preferably more!

Playing Am3 all last year, my mindset at tournaments relating to bad shots and expectations was: If I didn't take 4's, if I didn't leave my upshots outside my comfort zone, if I 3-putted because my comfort zone was inside 18', then I wouldn't be playing Am3. It was simply a statistical likelyhood of error and something I could only improve over time with practice. It didn't make me lax off the tee, but when I missed my line or had an early/late release it didn't feel so disappointing.

I didn't have this mindset at the start of the season. I shot +10, +9 at my home course. I did have at the end of the season and shot +0, +1 and -3 over a seven hole throwoff.

I'm playing Am2 this year, and still - first and foremost - NO FIVES!! (more accurately, no double bogies)

Latest posts