• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs do people lose the most?

sweeper said:
Oddly enough, I tend to find mids, especially rocs. Sadly I am the only DGer on the planet who doesn't carry/throw them. I usually try really hard to find the guy who lost em. People get strangely attached to their rocs and avairs.

I don't throw them either. I bought a DX Roc for $5 from a guy who was fishing discs out of the pond. I used it for a while and gave it to a friend. Never cared for it.

I lost 3 valkyries in my last tournament. 1 DX in the water and 2 Star in the woods, thankfully a casual player found one of my stars and I'm waiting for it in the mail, but it was a very rough day....

hmm. lets see. a recap of all the plastic I have found that i can actually remember:

champ orcs (2)
champ beast (1)
roc (1)
z crush (1)
raging inferno (1)
Champ Valkyrie (1)
Opto Vision (1)
DX teebird (1)
X Avenger (1)
D Drone (1)
Champ Starfire (1)
Champ Aviar (1)
DX dragon (1)
Star SL (1)
Pro Wraith (1)
Z FLash (1)
Champ Sidewinder (1)
of all that plastic only the raging inferno had any ink. I called the number and he told me to throw it away..... and off the hill and into the woods it went.

so in my experience: orcs have been found most.

as far as losses? well, I've lost 3 surges, 2 orcs, 2 buzzzes, 1 reaper, 2 vikings, 1 sidewinder, 1 primitus, 1 aviar, 1 banshee, 1 Breeze, I dont remember any others.

near 3 years discing, only that many losses, not too shabby. although I think there is one or two others.......

TannerBoyle said:
I think I've found more DX Valks than any other. It might have to do with people outgrowing Valks and DX plastic and therefore not looking too long for them.
you should never "outgrow" DX plastic

Jesse B 707 said:
TannerBoyle said:
I think I've found more DX Valks than any other. It might have to do with people outgrowing Valks and DX plastic and therefore not looking too long for them.

you should never outgrow STABLE dx plastic.
I think if you like flippy drivers, the dx will get way too flippy when you beat it all up. If you like valks for your main distance driver, you can either get 5 dx ones to cycle between or 1 champ that will last a year.

my roc is the only disc that I'll look for for more than about fifteen minutes I've lost mine around nine a couple of time and found it around one.

That's hardcore. Did it turn out to be in an obvious place and you just wanted to kick yourself when you saw where it was, or was it lost good?

I went disc hunting for 3 hours earlier today after a big thunderstorm, hoping some treed discs would have fallen and just be laying on the ground. All I found was a stupid Z flick. I hate those things and have no use for them. Aaron, that's another disposable disc right there.

I was doing a service in removing it from the course. I wouldn't want some beginning player to find it and get a tainted impression of how golf discs fly and what you can do with them.

Jesse B 707 said:
TannerBoyle said:

True but plenty of players feel that way. I still carry a couple of DX.

Furthur said:
garublador said:
Bobby12many said:
What discs have you found the most of?
Orcs and Leopards.

I'll take some of those Leopards!
The distribution of discs I've found is similar to what DPJ88 listed, so it's really only two or three and IIRC, two of them were pretty beat up DX Leopards. I use them for when newbs need to borrow discs.

LOL, found a Starfire Monday. And a Valk & Teebird last year.

Only losses were a 'charlie brown' tree shot with a XL at Balboa Park in San Diego, a RoadRunner wind hooked into a bog, and a 150 Dragon that a gust spanked into a pond where heavy algae kept it from ever reaching shore that day. And my new Orion and 170+ #2 Driver are better anyway.

Like ball golf, finding more than I loose is a testament to good tracking of where it went, and screwing up bad enough to be in the brush.

Champ Sidewinders.

I just cannot keep those out of the pond at Badlands. Some dude even called me on one, I was like, "Yea, no thanks I will just put it right back in there. You keep it."

It seems like I find Valks, Beasts, and Wraiths in DX.

My find to lose ratio is about 40:3.

In the years I've been playing I've only lost 3 discs and none of those have been from me throwing it.
1 was a 150 gram DX Shark that I lent a noob- he threw it, shanked it, and lost it.
1 was a 160 Pro D Wasp
1 was a 175 true first run Buzzz
I have no idea what happened to the Wasp and the Buzzz; they just disappeared. I didn't lose them from a throw, I know that much.

My losses have been

1 red z-buzzz @ 175
1 star destroyer @ 175

and i think thats about it... that's all I cared about at any rate. I've only been playing a year and rarely throw over 300' so that makes it harder to lose stuff.

Last week a guy pulled 129 discs out of the lake at Aquatic Park. Some discs are brand new and some are vintage gems.
He will give you yours back if it is marked and he knows you. Very cool dude.
The week before he got 88 discs!

I find discs where I think I would find them based on their stability lol. I find mostly the very overstable or understable discs way left or right in their respective flight paths.

i have lost about 3 or 4 orcs this year. and one of them i loved because i bought it used and the middle caved in so it was easier to grip for me.

Billym said:
Last week a guy pulled 129 discs out of the lake at Aquatic Park. Some discs are brand new and some are vintage gems.
He will give you yours back if it is marked and he knows you. Very cool dude.
The week before he got 88 discs!

This is a very noob question but how do these people pull up these discs??? Scuba gear? Fishing nets?

Latest posts