• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you do the day before a tournament?

How do you practice the day before a tournament?

• Play a regular round at your favorite local course.

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Play a round at the course the tournament will be at.

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • Throw in a field and practice putting.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Putting practice only.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Do nothing disc golf related.

Votes: 29 26.6%

• Total voters
I try to stay hydrated, eat okay. Do a limited # of shots in the feild and putts to make sure I'm not doing any wonky form things.

Not get any sleep and take an 8 on a hole plus an extra 2 strokes for not turning in the right score. At least that's what I did on this past sat at a PDGA tournament. #rediculous

Play a round for fun usually. Avoid playing too many holes, and especially avoid taking too many putts. A long putting routine, if you get down in an athletic stance, is an unnecessary waste of energy and can sap you more than you realize. Keep the tension low, deal with learning lines and courses in the day or days before the day before the tournament, get some good food in you, make sure you sleep, and just relax in general.

Come home from work, eat, stay up too late and then spend 2 hours trying to sleep because I'm excited for the tournament :|

Figure out what courses the tournament is being played on so I can go elsewhere and play 3 rounds before the the first tourney round is done.

The day before a tourney I typically try to limit myself to some solid putting practice. Let the arm and body rest up while making sure the putting game is on.

Figure out what courses the tournament is being played on so I can go elsewhere and play 3 rounds before the the first tourney round is done.

I am right there with you. Please stop doing this though, I'd like the course to myself. Thanks.

I always like the idea of a day of rest before hand, but that rarely happens. I'll usually play a round or two the day before. I travel for most of my tournaments so playing the tournament course is never really an option for me. Get a good night sleep is usually my main goal.

Well, on this past Saturday before a Sunday-only tournament, I played a different course, very grueling, with just a 149g Roc. Why? I have no idea. Also did about 1 1/2 hours of course work at 100 degrees, just so I could go off and play an entirely different course and not benefit from the work I'd just done. Why? I have no idea. My only conclusion is that, I may have a strategy for tournament preparation, but that doesn't mean I have to employ it.