• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you hate most?

Thanks scarpfish, that reminds me. Bottle cap "art". You know, the knobs who gather 600 bottle caps, come to the course and push them into the dirt in some distorted shape resembling a basket. Enough of that, it is just litter, don't drag litter to the course to throw on the ground. I hate when that happens.

Big groups not letting singles or pairs playing through. Mostly at one fort worth course. And stolen baskets that you don't know are stolen until you get closer (bicent in crowley #5 is great example, hated throwing uphill blindley only to see their is no baskets).

To elaborate on the not playing through. I got stuck with a friend on a hole came up behind a group of three. They were waiting on a group of 13 to throw. The group of three was like go ahead and play, we've been stuck behind for a few holes maybe y'all will have better luck. Came up the big group after the 1st of 13 throwers. Needless to say we never played through before it was over my group of 2 became a group of 9 people who were tired of being behind the 13

Non use of the search button. :D

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57718&highlight=pet+peeves

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59578&highlight=pet+peeves

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11554&highlight=pet+peeves

Actually the one thing I hate are bad dog owners at the parks. They never keep them on a leash or clean up the crap. I love dogs and I know how to own one without pissing on the fun of everyone around me. It's not hard. It just takes someone who isn't lazy and those are in short supply in my town.

I could go on a rant for days because there are so many foolish and senseless things that degrade the experience for me and everyone else. High on the list would be course vandalism. So is piss poor or no etiquette. But that boils down to common sense and common decency.

Instead I however I prefer to think about the positive. Disc golf for me is a fun, challenging, active recreation, and sometimes even sport. So I'll think about what I love about disc golf and move on.

I want to start a clean up crew at my home course. If no one else does it, I'll do it alone.

I used to do a lot of course clean up. The best way to do IMO it is to carry a 5 gal bucket (home depot or cat litter) and empty it into the trash cans. I think you will find if you do this, anyone you play with will start to pitch in and help pick up trash. You may feel foolish walking around with a bucket at first but anyone what sees what you are doing will come and thank you.

I rigged up a disc cart with a trash can, if I knew the course was going to be bad, I would bring a 'grabber' so I didn't have to bend down, touch nasty trash, or reach into thorn bushes.

I don't pick up trash anymore, I've got a kid now and my hands are full. I also don't want to be touching trash when I've got to touch my son.

Having to drive almost an hour to get to a course worth playing......

Disc golf guy know it all, he throws 500 feet, parks everything and tells u the whole round how good he is. He has 100aces, 250 chain outs, hits metal every 3rd throw. Shut up i dont care, let your disc do the talking. It. also amazes me in my area the clubs dont even respect their own course. I am a smoker and always have an empty water bottle for my butts. I dont think that smokers at this point even think that dropping your butts is littering.

That discraft cannot make something as simple as a glo challenger.

I think they made these once upon a time.

What do I hate?
chuckers, crowded courses, a large group with children playing that gets upset when you (playing solo) skip to hole 10 in front of them to avoid a large group of chuckers on hole one, Johnson street on the weekend, litter, upturned baskets, old ladies having really loud redneck conversations on a cell phone whilst walking on a walking trail by the teepad while you are driving, horseback riders that yell howdy while you are mid drive, people that let you play through and then continue playing the hole while you are in the middle of your upshot, playing through a group only to run up on another group, losing discs, playing blue tees in a park full of chuckers playing whites, fire ants, ticks, poison ivy, feeling like you have to rush after playing through a group...

Hate is way too strong a word. I wish people would crush their trash when they throw it away. You see a lot of courses with overflowing trash cans, if the you know the trash isn't being picked up enough, crush you trash so more fits in the can!

I do hate the people that thow their trash into the bushes. Littering is one thing. Tossing into the bushes so it is difficult to pick up is another level of jack@ss.

I recently had two guys let me play through on a short hole (about 275'). I thanked them and started walking towards my lie. I got ablutions halfway there and I hear one yell: "fore!" Sure enough a disc comes wizing by my head.

That's what you get for trying to spiritually cleanse yourself in the middle of a fairway. They probably saw you washing yourself and figured you were some kind of perve. Creeper.

People who ask if they are outside the circle at anywhere from 28-35 feet. WALK THAT $#!& OFF!!!

People who ask if they are outside the circle at anywhere from 28-35 feet. WALK THAT $#!& OFF!!!

If I walk it off my 10 paces could be 35, yours can be 28. Besides the answer is always YES. Let them do their ugly jump putt.

Lol, what if that person can throw 450ft with an overhand shot?
There is a guy in our club that can prolly get into the 500 range with an overhand. It is a disc he found years ago and has no idea what it is. Once it does its flip curl move it takes off to the next zip code. I hate him! :(

Latest posts