• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you say to a disc diving card mate?

So once in tournament a card mate playing his first tournament revealed that he routinely disc dives and sells the discs, and never calls numbers. Then, a loner newbie joined my card in a casual round and revealed much the same thing, except the selling part.

What do you say to people like this when you encounter them?
I'd ask them where they are finding and selling the discs like its no big deal.

Then I'd tell everyone else at the tournament everything the disc divers told you, and make it sound like its no big deal.

If those guys aren't pariahs within a few months, I guess it's no big deal.

If on the other hand, the story changes as it passes through the grapevine to where they are not only alleged to dive and sell discs, but also...

1. Are responsible for the latest rash of basket thefts.
2. Put cherry bombs in old people's mailboxes.
3. Sell meth to schoolkids, on school grounds, during school hours.
4. Run a lucrative dogfighting ring.

...and because of those allegations some unpleasant thing were to happen to them, well, hey....no big deal.

If you r willing to jump in for discs u can have them. 20 years ago I may have jumped in but I'm old, fat and to lazy, just buy another.

I don't ink my discs, looks bad. I will call/text numbers if they are on there, and encourage others to do the same.

lotta hipsters up in this thread. :|

:popcorn:

i have no problem with divers, alot of the water is gross, they deserve what they get...

I love how people assume that if a disc is found in a pond/lake/whathaveyou that the owner didn't bother to look for it.

I have wondered for a long time what people on this forum thought about finding lost discs. Now with this thread I'll finally know. :popcorn:

I don't know. I think it'll take another three or four...hundred threads before the opinions are explained thoroughly.

I love how people assume that if a disc is found in a pond/lake/whathaveyou that the owner didn't bother to look for it.

Seriously, a lot of these ponds we are near are murky and snakey. We have waded around and found some throw ins with our feet, but you just can't see in the water, So finding is not as simple as just doing it. I have seen plenty of people going out after their discs, and not find them.

What do I say to my disc diving card mate........'How much for the KC Roc?' :hfive:

Seriously, a lot of these ponds we are near are murky and snakey. We have waded around and found some throw ins with our feet, but you just can't see in the water, So finding is not as simple as just doing it. I have seen plenty of people going out after their discs, and not find them.

You throw plastic in a pond. You know it's there. You make a half hearted attempt to find it and think that's good enough? You litter.

eegor is so edgy and controversial!

I literally detest the notion that people that throw their plastic into a pond or creek, and make little or no attempt to get it back... feel that they're entitled to some kind of ownership of said plastic.

Someone that's willing to do what they're either too lazy or grossed out to do, deserves the benefit.

I go in after my plastic. If I don't find it, I feel bad about littering in a public park, and certainly don't expect the person that does find it to call me. That's pompous BS.

Look for you own disc, find it, no issue. Don't put forth the effort to find it - accept that you lost it.

I literally detest the notion that people who find discs in a body of water assume that the owner didn't bother looking for it.

I'm pretty sure that most of us that went to grade school have heard the "Golden Rule" i.e. "treat others how you want others to treat you" Just something to think about.

Latest posts