• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What does your mini say about you?

Hmmmm. What would mine say?

Don't think there is one thing my mini would say about me. I think collectively it would say that I might have a mini problem. (but I know some guys that have way more than I have)

I have personally designed and had over 10 different Little Flyers minis in the past and I have a variety of minis from a few different manufacturers. I throw Innova Mini Drivers and Zing Aerofoils mostly and putt with the Little Flyers. I am anxiously awaiting my first hot stamp order from Zing. I should hopefully see them any day now.

20140817_213443.jpg
[/URL]

Throwing minis is a blast. I would suggest you try it shine day. I am fortune enough to have 7 mini courses here in my area but you can go to your local regular course and throw to those cages. We do that here also. We just add a point to the regular course par and go from there. We just play that if we hit chains and falls into the basket it counts. They do not need to stay in the basket.

Hey CenterShock, how far can you throw a mini?
Actually playing with them is something I keep thinking about, but not doing much of.
We have 5 of the plastic mini baskets, but they don't get used much lately.

CenterShock, you have some awesome mini courses around you right? I have to get out that way one day and play them!

Dunno. I use the mini that I could get my hands on immediately after losing the mini I'd been using.

I'm not sure I've noticed what mini anyone else was using, except the time a friend flubbed an upshot and put his treasured Buzzz in the pond, and in anger spiked his metal mini, only to have it bounce and roll into the pond, too. Hard to ignore, or forget.

Yep, that was me....guilty as charged.....but I did reach down(almost up to my neck) and grab the mini. The buzz I did get back, about a year or so later.

I have mine from our club with the logo that is also my avatar.

So i guess it says "i am a member of Merry Chains".

CenterShock, you have some awesome mini courses around you right? I have to get out that way one day and play them!

Sure do! The one thing about mini courses is the guys come up with some interesting and different targets to throw at. You are not throwing at baskets all the time on some courses. There are ground targets (like ball golf), there are trees with rotted out centers as targets, there are even holes cut into buildings that are targets. One trip here and you will see a bunch of interesting holes. Pretty sure all of the courses are listed here on the DGCR. Let me know if you plan on coming around and I will meet up with you and show you around if I am available.

Hey CenterShock, how far can you throw a mini?.

I am getting about 250 to 270 feet as my max distance using one of the weighted Innova drivers. I am just starting to throw the Zing plastic and the potential for longer distance is there. Some day I would love to hit 300 feet.

I have 7 minis in the bag. Why? Because I'm a hoarder and superstious. If playing a tourney and I start missing putts, it's the minis fault, not mine. So it gets changed out. Once I start making putts then that mini stays in the pocket for the rest of the tourney. Yes, it's stupid. But it's just a ritual.

People from Texas think alike! It's always the minis fault. :hfive:

It sucks when I run through all of my minis and I still can't make a putt though lol.

I rotate between several minis, but mainly 4 of them

Spitfire mini with Indianapolis Colts logo - to annoy all the Saints fans I live around
Metal Mini with tourney logo - 1st place trophy mini
Normal mini with tourney logo - Logo of a tournament I TD'd
Early 90's mini - maybe the first mini I ever got as a kid.

I am getting about 250 to 270 feet as my max distance using one of the weighted Innova drivers. I am just starting to throw the Zing plastic and the potential for longer distance is there. Some day I would love to hit 300 feet.

Wtf how? ^^ Normal backhand with powergrip?

I saw a clip on youtube where Greg Hosfeld has a sort of snipping technique, but I think that was more freestyle than distance.

Depending on the day, mine either says I'm a complete Wizard junkie, or it says that I know a guy with a lathe (DTP's wooden minis).

Usually, though, it just says "you missed another putt low".

I carry an old rotary phone dialer as a mini. When I built Nevin, there was a dump of old phones, hundreds. I would find receivers all over the park, probably carried there by foxes or other animals, Only found 3 dialers out of all the phones...almost perfect mini size and reminds me of Nevin when I throw.

I always carry two minis, one in each front pocket. One is green(go) and the other is red(stop). The red one never comes out. For years I have carried the Z Magnet minis with the big "Z" ghost stamp on them. I retired them when I was able to go through the minis for last year's Ace Race at the Discraft warehouse and find me some new Ti red and green minis.

Wtf how? ^^ Normal backhand with powergrip?

I saw a clip on youtube where Greg Hosfeld has a sort of snipping technique, but I think that was more freestyle than distance.

Normal backhand. I have not gotten comfortable with the power grip. I basically keep my index finger on the rim and my thumb and middle finger pinch the disc. Lots of snap is my strong point.

Attachments

• 20140818_101939-1.jpg
    20140818_101939-1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140818_101953-1.jpg
    20140818_101953-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 21
Mine says I attended a clinic sponsored by Cloud 9. Well, actually it only says Cloud 9, but I got it at a clinic.

Normal backhand. I have not gotten comfortable with the power grip. I basically keep my index finger on the rim and my thumb and middle finger pinch the disc. Lots of snap is my strong point.

I throw my minis with a two-finger grip that gets them out there pretty far.

Latest posts