• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What have you accomplished in the last year?

Ummmmm. Not much.

I **** the bed in my first and only tournament. I throw farther and I putt better. I built a nearly perfect bag that I am almost 100% happy with. That's about it.

Many metal hits. Figured out my bag lineup stop buying so many discs. Finally got some CE plastic. Added 50ft on my drive. Played in a league regularly. Tore my ACL for the second time(non dg related)

- Finally settled and am starting to perfect one style of putting
- Shot my first -10 or better round (-12)
- broke the 400 ft barrier
- Got my first ace
- Got to watch a pro card final 9 in person for the first time
- Cashed for the first time

Id say a successful second year of disc golf.

My '14 goals from the thread linked earlier:

"Learned a ton this year. Played 3-7 rounds a week from May til December. I think I've walked more in the last 7 months than in the last 15 years combined (a very good thing). Built my own basket a few months back, putting has improved exponentially. Have been very pleased with my progression so far.

For '14, I plan to play even more. I've joined a local club and the PDGA and will start playing league and entering tournaments. I need to do some major work on my forehand, overhand, and off-hand throws. I'm also working on designing and installing a course on a piece of ground I've inherited. Though I'm playing through the weather this winter (not as much as I'd like), I'm really looking forward to spring so I can spend more time throwing.

My resolution for '14 is to quit buying (so much) plastic!"

I built the course, have played a few unsanctioned tourneys and experienced an Ace Race, and I even run a (very) small league. I still practice putting religiously, and get to play everyday. I've developed a decent forehand and serviceable overhands, and have even curbed my new plastic addiction quite a bit. All in all, a very good year so far.

As someone who picked up the game this summer.

Learning to throw. Getting out to 300' for the first time, then getting out to 300' constantly. Now creeping up on 350'.

First Par....then first Birdie.

Finishing at a +2 on the course by work. I play this course at least three times a week.

Birdie on a 363' par 3, drove my Legacy P. Rival within 10' of the basket.

2014 Ace Race at French Creek. Lots of fun....looking forward to the Ace Race at Tyler State Park in October.

2014 has been my best year so far for improvement.

I got my PDGA membership.
4 Aces so far. Florida, 2 in Minnesota and one in Wisconsin
5 tournaments, at least one more
Three way tie for first in Int at a local B-tier, lost the playoff.
First intermediate tourney win a few weeks later.
Finally breaking 350' consistently
Bag tag numbers have been in the teens vs 30s & 40s last year.
First negative rounds on several courses.
Lots of awesome pictures.
Met a million amazing people.

I set these goals earlier this year and nearly accomplished them all...

1) Improve putting and approaches within 50'
2) Work on distance and control of backhand drives so that they match forehand
3) Play at least one tournament away from my "home" courses
4) Play at least one new course
5) Have fun playing...otherwise there is no point for me!

The only one I can't say is complete is #2. My backhand still doesn't match the forehand although I've added at least 50' to my drives this year. That whole form thing is still a puzzle to me. No matter though - if we didn't have a challenge, then this sport wouldn't be as much fun!

I started playing events last August, so much improvement has happened this season.
My league scores have dropped from the high 70's to the mid to low 60's.
Took a great lesson from McCray.
I no longer tremble during 20 footers.
2 cpts
I will finish the fantasy season in the top 20.
I have successfully thrown a forehand and a turbo put in league play.
I played BRP, Flip, and Rollin Ridge.

I ran 5 tournaments and a 27 week doubles league.
Developed my BH roller into a fairly potent weapon.

Also took the #1 tag(of 76)

10622755_825465594144965_6210964650933761839_n.jpg

Put my first bag together.
Got some field work in about once a week over summer.
Worked on the X step and putting.
Introduced a handful of people to DG.

- Started playing in April
- Bagged 25 courses in 4 states
- Learned to throw and hit (occasionally) 300' BH
- Reasonably useful FH to ~225
- Hit my 1st 3 Aces (182', 284', 195')
- Played in my 1st 3 sanctioned tournies. (1st of 4 in rec, 4th of 21 in rec, 36th of 53 in INT)
- Cashed a few times and won once in random draw dubs leagues.
- Picked up my first ever CTP (on a parked shot on a 295' hole!!!)

My goals for next season:
- 350 consistent backhand (one can hope)
- 300 consistent forehand
- Not fail putting
- Bag 1-2 more states and get to 50 courses played
- Become a solid INT player

Well, the year ain't over yet ;) but this year, I'm proud of playing in six divisions (Rec, Int, Adv GM, Adv Master, Advanced, and Open Grandmaster), and taking at least one 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in five of them (the exception being Rec...the only tourney I played as a Rec was BG Ams). btw, I'm still Rec rated :\

I did play my 20,000th hole and my 1000th mile in 2014, and became a Gold Trusted Reviewer here. I'm proud also of some of the volunteer work we've done, the most important of which were installing some much needed stairs at our Williamsburg (OH) course, and helping in a small way to get Cedar Sentinels (IN) in the ground.

So, I'm happy with 2014's disc golf accomplishments, and am very happy to still be healthy and playing (a lot, and still showing improvement) into my mid-50's. Oh! That reminds me, I suppose I could brag a little about my Bronze medal from the Ohio Senior Games this summer. :eek:

2 Goals I had were to a shoot a -10 at Elver short tees and to get my rating to 930 by the end of the year (my first year playing any tourneys).

Got my -10 at Elver.

Rating is currently only 915, but the year's not done. MCO will probably bump that up some as I shot 901, 949, and 952 there. Probably 2 or 3 more tourneys left this year, so who knows...

I guess another goal was to continue to improve my dyeing skills, which I definitely accomplished.

- Knocked off three more states, New Mexico, Utah, and Nevada, bringing me up to over 100 courses across 24 states
- Switched to a straddle putt and am finally starting to get confident/consistent up to ~40'
- Got to meet Wysocki, Feldberg, and Bradley Williams and get some FH tips from Ricky
- Took 3rd in Int back in April and am shooting more 940 rated rounds, even if my rating is still low
- After about 10 years I finally hit my first ace!
- Got to play Lemon Lake Super White and Gold a couple days after Worlds. All alone on a championship level courses, it was great
- Playing DeLa in November

Goals for the rest of the year and next season:
- get my standstill working, to nail down short putter drives and approaches (especially anny shots)
- improve accurately from between 300-350'
- get my FH out to ~300'
- max out my BH around 400'
- win a tournament in Int and move up to Adv
- knock off Oregon and Washington from the list, along with maybe Idaho, Montana, or North Dakota

I won my first AM1 tournament that I played in at the CSUMB Otter Open. Then I ended up getting Second Team All-American at the National Collegiate DiscGolf Championships. And finally I won my second AM1 tournament at the Jelly Jam at Ryan Ranch. In between that, I finished 15th at the California State Championships on AM1. I was sitting in second after the first round, then blew up during the last two unfortunately. All in all it was a good year for my game. I'm gonna move up to Open next year to see how I hold up. Should be a fun experiment.

In this year i started playing somewhat competative. I was a true rec of rec players 2 years ago. last year i was throwing maybe 280 feet. this year i am throwing almost 440 feet. i am more accurate and a much better putter. this was my first year of playing tournaments and the only level i can play is advanced based on my rating.

Got my rating up to 976
Cashed in my first pro NT (PGM)
Lost 35 pounds (still counting)
averaged 100 puts a day from april 1 to today.
Second year of push putting.
Can throw 375 plus without losing all my accuracy.
Over 1k in sanctioned events.
4 sanctioned open wins.
Starting traveling and playing bigger events.
Played 21 tournaments (sanctioned and non)so far. Cashed in 16
Started throwing more non innova plastic. (Thanks to Westside and Lat 64)
Started pre-registration when ever offered to make life easier for the td's
Helped sponsor a B-tier.

Things I did not accomplish...
Forehand is still very poor.
Still get lax with follow through while driving. (better than before but still not where it needs to be)
Mental game needs to be sharper, Every shot is important.
Did not introduce enough new players to the game.

Joined the PDGA (saving $10 per sanctioned tournament is really nice).
Almost threw a 1000 rated tournament round (996).
Added a useful forehand throw to my game.
Added 10 courses to my played list.
Finally saw the benefits of throwing a mid down the middle.