• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is a good sidearm driver?

Find a disc you like and spend some time with it. It can be frustrating at first but it's a good feeling when you can unlock the secrets of how to throw a disc.

Surge, Firebird, Sidewinder, Sword, Stalker, Vulcan are among a few of my go to drivers.

Surge, Wraith, Teebird, Firebird, Valkarie...

Pretty much any disc. Just play around until it feels right.

Not much venom love, but if you can afford some ESP Venom's for sidearm they are a beast, basically started the game with them * not recommended* but worked my form until I could them correctly. Loved them, recently took them out of my bag because who wants to drop 50$ on a replacement on the'bay. Did snag some Z limited runs from DD. Work well just don't beat in to a more straight flyer then the ESP and the grip is off but I still have one in my bag for a utility sidearm/tomahawk etc :thmbup:

I feel like no matter what I throw I have a nice over stable Firebird but nothing at try to throw fore hand is just give me that nice flat straight shot

One to try since you are getting under 300 with a Roadrunner would be a Discraft XL, very workable both forehand and backhand. It would probably be classified in Innova terms as 8/4/-1/3, I have a FLX one that has minor warping/bubbling in the middle from sitting in a hot shed I got for like 5 bucks from a friend who retails and every person I get to try disc golf, I let them throw that for their first driver and they all love it, comfortable in the hand and easy to throw, but capable of some good distance as well.

Latest posts