• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Is The Hardest Disc To Replace In Your Bag?

My star xd's thanks to the facebook market that raised their value 400+%. Thanks to this site I built a hefty stash of backups back in the day before the hype got out.

Seasoned star destroyer is really the only thing I would be sad to lose and I have "lost" it about 2-3 times but it finds it way home somehow. Perfectly beat bomber. I have 10-12 other destroyers but none of them can fill that roll. It is my go to so unless there is some crazy water hazard I am probably going to throw it.

Nicely seasoned DX Eagle that I knew very well and did exactly what I wanted, except completely disappearing on me. Have no idea where it is or how I lost it. Didn't realize how much I truly loved that disc till I didn't have it anymore.

r-pro cro - touch shot approaches and so much control in the woods. Small diameter mids are underrated.

Seasoned 3rd run C-line PD in the color pink. I throw only pink or bright red drivers and 3rd run PD's are hard to come by, let alone a specific color like pink.

I've purchased a few more C-line's for back-ups but they are not 3rd runs. There is just something special about that stiff, pearly, pink 3rd run I've been bagging for a few years. It's also one of my ace discs, so all around I'd really be upset if I lost it.

Factory second champion wraith that I found in a pond four years ago. It was old as dirt then, and I threw that thing as my primary driver for years. Lost it in the woods only to call up a buddy to play a round and have him pull it out and say "you should try throwing this thing, I can't seem to get it to fly right." Three weeks later I griplocked it and it flipped and went into a pond. Haven't been able to get a good driver I'm comfortable with since. Could bomb that bad boy 400 on a good toss. I don't know how much it was thrown before I found it, but man that sucker was seasoned to perfection

I also mentioned this in the OOP thread, but since Westside has never made light weight Northmans since the first run, ever ! :mad: my 155 hyzer flippin, two left arm picturin VIP wonder disc is irreplaceable.

Plus ! Plus ! It was originally clear, which made it disappear everywhere, on every throw, so, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to dye the flight plate. They only dye I had on hand was dark blue, so I used that. Now it's even MORE invisible :doh: and I have nothing else that flies like it.

I have an 8 year old DX Roc that would be almost impossible to replace. I am down to only one backup PFN Champ Banshee and the current run is garbage so that one would also be tricky. My twin 3x Yetis would be replaceable with new ones but it would not be the same. Other than that I have mostly production run in the bag right now.

I tend to throw whatever disc is right for the shot regardless of danger, but most of my local courses don't have water or poison ivy hazards. The worst thing that will happen is that you go into Rasperry bushes and can't get to the disc without tearing several holes in youself.

I kind of pride myself on not having anything in my bag that is hard to replace. Makes it easier if something happens to it (lose, crack, etc)

My beat up gravity ghost is probably the hardest to replace right off hand. It's seen heavy use this season (my first season throwing ghosts, and first season back playing tournament golf in a few years) and just barely starting to break in to have a decent turn. I've got another gravity and an excel wearing in the cycle behind it but it would take a few months to get those to where my main turnover ghost is.

In terms of hard to find discs - it's probably my freak stamped sPD (pink with blue stamp, looks awesome). I've got a couple of these from a much older run, not first run or proto, but I guess they don't do the freak stamp anymore? Which is a bummer, I like having a zombie on my discs.

Factory second bubble katana 150g with bubbles in the flight plate only.

r-pro cro - touch shot approaches and so much control in the woods. Small diameter mids are underrated.

Yes, one of the few discs I actually have a name for, "The Mighty Cro".

As in, "Fly Mighty Cro to your destination, do not forsake me in my time of need."

My roller DX Eagle-X. If I ever lost that I would probably quit. It was the first disc I ever bought and has been in my bag since my bag was carrying that disc and an orc. We grew up together.

None.

I have back ups for everything I throw in various states of wear and don't throw any exotic discs.

I don't throw a ton of molds so my bag is built around varied wear on discs and they're all special. The hardest to replace for me would be my heavily seasoned Champ Roc3. It is one of the runs that came out almost flatter than flat (if that makes sense...). That thing gets so much use on all types of holes and holds such a nice line.

SE Valk.
I started dead straight years ago and turned in a roller/trick shot disc.
Its been in the bag for 5ish years.

Only 1. My first run Volt. Please make this disc again Mvp or Axiom

Latest posts